your favorite shirt.

The saYer

thrashermetaller
Aug 17, 2003
bay area
Visit site
I bet you can't even fit any more metal shirts into your drawers, but which one is that special one that you only wear after taking a good shower?
which one is your favorite.
I think mine is a white destruction from the live without sense tour with the 4 puppets in front,

and no, I did not go to that tour since I was only in kindergarden, but I bought it on ebay new, it turns out the seller bought 2 and never used the one he sold me, I got it for 20$ which to me is a bargain considering he kept it new for 17 years.

The saYer said:
I bet you can't even fit any more metal shirts into your drawers, but which one is that special one that you only wear after taking a good shower?

That would be my shirt of the NWOBHM band Jaguar. I got it from John Gallagher. I was wearing a Raven shirt and he a Jaguar shirt, Jaguar was the support act that evening, we wanted to swap so we did :)

The saYer said:
which one is your favorite.

That would be my "Dead Heart in a Dead World" shirt from Nevermore. Its has nothing of the obscure collectors item value of the Jaguar shirt but I care little about that. Nevermore is my favorite band and DHiaDW is one of my favorite album.

I am going to see Kamelot April 5th in Zoetermeer and when I buy a "Black Halo" shirt there it is going to be one of my favorite shirts as well.

What a fantastic album that is!!!!!!!! :headbang:

They are all Favorites in their own right! I have a shirt for just about every concert I'v been too so each one is Special ... but one of my Favorites is the Overkill - Wrecking your Neck shirt that I got when they were touring for "Killing Kind" it has the Wrecking cover on the front and a GIANT middle Finger with the words "!!!FUCK YOU!!!" on the back :)

JonnyD said:
They are all Favorites in their own right! I have a shirt for just about every concert I'v been too so each one is Special ... but one of my Favorites is the Overkill - Wrecking your Neck shirt that I got when they were touring for "Killing Kind" it has the Wrecking cover on the front and a GIANT middle Finger with the words "!!!FUCK YOU!!!" on the back :)

I am sure it has a certain shock value! :lol:

Hawk said:
I am sure it has a certain shock value! :lol:

:) Certainly I remember This old geezer one time Giving my shit about it he says "Dont you have any Goddamn Respect for anyone but yourself?!?" ofcourse I was a Druggin Drinking 17 year old so naturally I didnt have any respect for Cranky Old Farts ... and not really any for myself at that point

The saYer said:

Where the hell do you come up with these fucking topics man?!
I feel like I'm in a women's locker room after volleyball practice!
Your favorite shirt?! What's next favorite pair of fucking socks?!
Followed by favorite pair of undies?!
WTF?!

JonnyD said:

Would that be the tent you had slung over the back of the chair for the longest time? If so, that is indeed an awesome shirt.

For me, I have a couple favorites. One is a shirt a friend gave me (presumably because it no longer fit him)... of Motley Crue all glammed up (from their North American Tour '84). I love that shirt, I'm glad it was given to me!

My other favorite is probably the "Real American Idol" Alice Cooper shirt I got at the Eyes of Alice Cooper tour. It's a great reminder of a damn good concert. :)

sixxswine said:
Where the hell do you come up with these fucking topics man?!
I feel like I'm in a women's locker room after volleyball practice!
Your favorite shirt?! What's next favorite pair of fucking socks?!
Followed by favorite pair of undies?!
WTF?!

So tell us 6 ol' buddy, what is your favorite shirt after you have taken a shower? :lol:

Back in the 80's I used to have this really cool KISS shirt. It was unique because since it was the non-makeup era it did not have a picture of the band like most KISS shirts do. Anyway, it was from the Animalize album and it had a sexy barbarian type chick on the front holding Gene Simmons' axe bass. I don't have the shirt anymore since I wore it until it just wasn't wearable anymore.

I would have to say that my World Slavery Tour shirt is one of my favorites, as well as my Reign in Blood tour shirt. My Master of Puppets tour shirt (from the tour supporting Ozzy on his UltimateSin Tour) holds a lot of memories as well.

As far as ratty and just plain worn out - I have an Iron Maiden "Piece of Mind" shirt that my buddy Eddie gave to me when he saw them in 1983 on the World Piece Tour. I wore this shirt so much that it's almost see though now. It's very soft but it has tons of holes in it and the fabric is so damn thin that if I wore it the thing would probably fall apart. I definitely can't wash it - nothing would be left. So it's folded neatly and up in the top shelf of my closet...maybe I'll frame it or something.

I have too many shirts that I really love to have 1 favorite...they all kick ass.

JB

Mine is my Metallica - "One" sweater, it has the "One" logo on the front and on the back it starts with "Landmine has taken my sight..."
I've had it for almost 15 years now and still wear it sometimes, it's got as many memories as the Justice album itself for me.

USMC0341 said:
As far as ratty and just plain worn out - I have an Iron Maiden "Piece of Mind" shirt that my buddy Eddie gave to me when he saw them in 1983 on the World Piece Tour. I wore this shirt so much that it's almost see though now. It's very soft but it has tons of holes in it and the fabric is so damn thin that if I wore it the thing would probably fall apart. I definitely can't wash it - nothing would be left.
I bet it looks something like this one :headbang:
100_1285.jpg