Your Favorite Viking/Folk Metal Band

I tend to hate most bands thrown into the categories of folk and viking metal, since it seems that it's become a catch-all phrase for gay horrible crap like Finntroll (Troll Metal, dammit).

But, talking about actual viking or folk stuff, Bathory and Enslaved are requisite mentions, alongside Windir who I rank at or very near the top of all bands of their ilk. Bak De Syv Fjell is a band I would consider black/folk and are excellent. Early Vintersorg and Borknagar may or may not fall properly into the Black/Folk genre, but I enjoy them as well. Primordial aren't bad.

Agalloch
Bathory
Finntroll
Ensiferum
Yeah, pretty much the same as everyone else.

Finntroll...credible? WTF. And how are Unleashed not death metal. Even THEY say they are.

Be wary of anything bands call themselves. I don't mean to insult your intelligence or your comment by any means, however I know an entire GENRE of bands that call themselves metal and don't hold an OUNCE of water when addressing such statements. Mudvayne, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Korn, Three Days Grace, Hoobastank, etc. etc. etc.... I know so because I have seen most of these bands, and mostly at OZZFEST... which by the way is free this year-lolocaust.

I also find it kind of funny that people can take Korpiklaani seriously. I'm sorry, but I bought their album.... Tales Along This Road or something of that nature, and I have not laughed so hard since Clerks 2 came out and I heard that fucker call Wanda Sykes a Porch Monkey. The horns and accordians and just all-around tomfoolery I cannot get past and consider them metal. If that is the definition of "Folk" then I don't like the genre, plain and simple... Either that or I don't understand it.

My list... as it were...
Amon Amarth:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
Bathory:kickass: :kickass:
Suidakra:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
Ensiferum:kickass:
Agalloch:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
And that's probably the extent of it, considering the level of difficulty of finding said genre in the US mixed with the extent of my total laziness...

Could have sworn that Amon Amarth was melodic death metal, but whatever...

My favorite is Elvenking. I like others like XIV Dark Centuries, Thyrfing, Ensiferum, Finntroll, Einherjer, Windir, Waylander, etc.

I also find it kind of funny that people can take Korpiklaani seriously. I'm sorry, but I bought their album.... Tales Along This Road or something of that nature, and I have not laughed so hard since Clerks 2 came out and I heard that fucker call Wanda Sykes a Porch Monkey. The horns and accordians and just all-around tomfoolery I cannot get past and consider them metal. If that is the definition of "Folk" then I don't like the genre, plain and simple... Either that or I don't understand it.

They arn't meant to be taken seriously. They are meant to be fun.

I don't care what they are trying to do its a joke and its completely unneccessary. And whoever repped me and called me a poser fucking sign it pussy, i'm not gona rep you back just have the nuts to do it.

Mithotyn
Månegarm
Týr
Сварга
Korpiklaani
Eluveitie
Equilibrium
Nomans Land
Heidevolk
Falchion
Lumsk
Adorned Brood
Fjoergyn
Runic
Glittertind
Lumsk

...... screw it, too many to keep listing.

Mithotyn
Månegarm
Týr
Сварга
Korpiklaani
Eluveitie
Equilibrium
Nomans Land
Heidevolk
Falchion
Lumsk
Adorned Brood
Fjoergyn
Runic
Glittertind
Lumsk

...... screw it, too many to keep listing.

Best list so far.