Your Favorite Viking/Folk Metal Band

TROLLFEST!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE NOONE HAS MENTIONED TROLLFEST!!!!!!

lmao I'd be more surprised if they WERE someone's favourite

they're the anal cunt of folk metal. troll metal is fuckin ridiculous! I had to post to warn off anyone from actually downloading them with any sort of positive expectations :lol:

fuck reading all three pages right now, but I hope someone has already mentioned PAGAN REIGN. fuckin best folk-influenced band in the world (they're Pagan Black Metal, but folk ain't all peppy shit like finntroll and the homosexual euroemo stylings of allegedly 'folk' band Elvenking, or Glittertind (is it just me or are they what Greenday would sound like if they were from Europe? bar the song 'Olav Digre' which has a nice riff).)

Mithotyn is the other legendary band I hope someone has mentioned ('the other' besides Ensiferum/Amon/etc. that even ya momma listens to of course.)

Agalloch
Einherjer
Empyrium
Ensiferum
Equilibrium
Falchion (they may be an Ensiferum rip off, but their album is better than the newest Ensiferum album!)
Falkenbach
Heidevolk
Isengard
Kyprian's Circle
Månegarm
Menhir
Myrkgrav
Nomans Land
Taunusheim
Thrudvangar
Thyrfing
Volkolak
XIV Dark Centuries

:) Pagan/Folk/Viking is my favourite subgenre at the moment.

And you don't even have the best Folk / Viking influenced band in existance acknowledged in your post "SuidAkra!" :)

Eluveitie is a close second, but they haven't been around as long.

a lot of the bands listed are more of the "upbeat" type of folk/viking. try these instead:

early Aeternus
early Helheim
Bak De Syv Fjell
Ha Lela
Poccolus
Zpoan Vtenz
Nokturnal Mortum
Obtest
Nachtfalke
Hades
Morrigan
Iuvenes

And you don't even have the best Folk / Viking influenced band in existance acknowledged in your post "SuidAkra!" :)

Eluveitie is a close second, but they haven't been around as long.

suidakra are growing on me. their recent efforts put me off them substantially, but yea enough people mentioned them and I rarely play them so I just left em off

Seditious listen to this song by SuidAkra. One of my fav from them.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/suidakra-a-visions-demise-mp3.html

SuidAkra - A Vision's Demise (Amazing!!!! Guitar work there)

I'd wager that SuidAkra is the best band in the world period right now, just simply an amazing band.

already got it on my PC :)

sounds a little too Norther/SoundtrackToYourEscape for me (and I don't mind Norther, or 20 second soundbytes of that In Flames album:lol: )

but yea, none of their shit in in my top 100 melodeath or folk/viking songs.

Heresy is a pretty good song though.

on the viking trip, I wasn't gunna mention em as great 'bands' but these songs by these bands are must haves!!

Thronar - Grimnor Valora (a fucking classic!!)
and
Nebelhorn - Einst Freunde

Some of these are more pagan black metal than folk but ill post them any ways

Lemuria
Woodtemple
Satanicwarmaster
Asmegin
Nokturnal Mortum
Falkenbach
Isengard
Summoning
Empyrium
Manegarm

a lot of the bands listed are more of the "upbeat" type of folk/viking. try these instead:

early Aeternus
early Helheim
Bak De Syv Fjell
Ha Lela
Poccolus
Zpoan Vtenz
Nokturnal Mortum
Obtest
Nachtfalke
Hades
Morrigan
Iuvenes

Some interesting names on here I'll have to check out.

Are you fimiliar with Temnozor?

lmao I'd be more surprised if they WERE someone's favourite

they're the anal cunt of folk metal. troll metal is fuckin ridiculous! I had to post to warn off anyone from actually downloading them with any sort of positive expectations :lol:

even anal cunt has its moments.

LONG LIVE THE TROLLS

Depends on the era...early stuff is much more subtle folk with various influences of other extreme genres, and it's good.

Newer shit is hyper-diluted folk with power/melo-death influences. Kinda bleh. The song Trails of Gore is fucking awesome though.