Votes: 34 14.7%
  • Are you dead yet?

Votes: 26 11.3%
  • Chaos Ridden Years

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • Blooddrunk

Votes: 14 6.1%

• Total voters
That's actually something I've always thought. I sometimes thought FTR was my fave because of some of the songs and the echoey production but HB is raw and has some sick playing and composition stuff that's inspiring if I wanna come up with something using harmonic minor.

It seems I have voted, I think Ftr.

But I have to say that AYDY is the absolute zenith of Children of Bodom, every track is awesome masterpiece, much better than other albums.

But I have to say that AYDY is the absolute zenith of Children of Bodom, every track is awesome masterpiece, much better than other albums.

I just realized I have no kind of interest in listening to that album anymore.

Of course there's a couple of big hits on that album, and it should not be underestimated. When you take into account, Trashed, Lost & Strungout as well as Knuckleduster were planned for the album, but things got fucked up. Considering all that was going on those times, Alexander's departure, Alexi's arm and drinking, and what a joke amount of time they had for the songwriting and arrangements.. They still managed to create somekind of an album, even tho it's not as good as it could have been.

The band intentionally hammered down the synth backing tracks, which I think was a bad idea. (Living Dead Beat has a brilliant Chorus keyboard part, you can actually hear it on the backing track presented at the TAB thread.) I'm also still sorry you can't hear the awesome keyboard intro in PMIB. There's just so much stuff Janne is doing on the album, but you can't hear it.

Overall, for example Blooddrunk is a hell of a lot more quality production.

I got into the songs mostly one by one, it took pretty long for each song.
Trashed,lost & strungout was awesome in the first listen because it was so complicated, for a long time it was my favorite.
Bastards of Bodom I got interested because of the "cool" noises on the intro, now theyr'e just...nothing but some sounds on the background. But rest of the song is one of the most epic stuff ever.
Living dead beat at first I thought of another boring song, but I got into it, but then I got overdozed of it and got bored, now that I actually got the album I like the song again.
Next in line I didn't at first get at all, but then suddenly I had a dream where I was flying over our golf field with something like a Through fire and flames mixed with this playing on the back, I fell in love with this awesome song then. (dunno what was the meaning of that dream, and pretty strange combination that was.)
We're not gonna fall I didn't get at all for along time, finally I noticed the cool keyboards and the super interlude, after this after some listens it finally grew on me perfectly and became my favorite Bodom song.
If you want peace...prepare for war I didn't get at first, and for some reason it disappeared from my computer, but now I got the album I finally "actually listened" to the song, and I loved it, basic Bodom with some cool "thrashing".
Are you dead yet? I begun to love after I noticed how cool the guitars sound at the intro, this was always already good song though.
Punch me I bleed, I didn't first like at all, but after listening to it properly I begun to like it. It's ok slow song.
In your face I didn't like much at first, I just didn't hear anything interesting in it (except the keyboards), but after a while it grew more onto me and now I love that song too.

I'm not sure why I'm writing this. :lol:

Of course there's a couple of big hits on that album, and it should not be underestimated. When you take into account, Trashed, Lost & Strungout as well as Knuckleduster were planned for the album, but things got fucked up. Considering all that was going on those times, Alexander's departure, Alexi's arm and drinking, and what a joke amount of time they had for the songwriting and arrangements.. They still managed to create somekind of an album, even tho it's not as good as it could have been.

Somehow, you are making progresses :lol:

Tho, I'm serious here, am I the only one who dislike Follow The Reaper?

That's actually something I've always thought. I sometimes thought FTR was my fave because of some of the songs and the echoey production but HB is raw and has some sick playing and composition stuff that's inspiring if I wanna come up with something using harmonic minor.

I love HB, but the thin, paper-sounding drums really tick me off. :erk: Still their second best album though, I've never been one to not give credit where it's due.

Fetzer: Yes. :p

itz so obvious that Are You Dead Yet? is their best album...the songs: living dead beast, are you dead yet?, in your face, basterds of bodom, and trashed, lost & strungout are all amazing songs