your first job

wdiv said:
That sounds like pretty wild first job! Any good stories from that experience?
Oh yeah, some very interesting experiences there. To name just a few:

Lurch, the blue-skinned, down-coated giant; There was this one patient that was so psychotic that they had him tranquilized with the same drug they use to bring down elephants. He was about 7 feet tall, shuffled around like Lurch from the Adam's Family. Side effects of the drug was it gave his skin a noticeable blue-ish hue and he was ALWAYS cold. Even in the dead of summer, 95 degrees, he would be wearing this heavy winter coat.

Mrs. Jeckyl, Lady Hyde; One lady in there was nice as can be, polite, smiling, not a care in the world. Well, in the middle of lunch one day, she just stands up and throws her food tray (and the food) across the cafeteria and begins SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS! It took four orderlies to bring her down. They slapped her in a straight jacket and I didn't see her for a few weeks. Next time I did see her, she looked a little like Lurch!

The Little Old Man From Mountain Home; There was this one little old man in there from Mountain Home, Idaho. He looked like he fell off a Jethro Tull cover or something. Long hair, long beard, some of it braided, ratty old hat, eccentric as hell. I never could figure out what he was talking about, but he talked to me every day. Until I wore my Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast shirt to work one day. He took one look at it and said, "My God, that's the most gruesome shirt I've ever seen!" He wouldn't look at me after that...maybe he thought I had the devil in me...or Eddie!

The Master Baiter; There was this one skinny oriental guy, can't remember his name for the life of me. Maybe I blocked it out. Anyway, he was pretty much a normal person except for one unacceptable personality flaw. He was addicted to masterbating. Many times I'd see him call one of his highly-medicated fellow patients over just in time for him to jizz on them. One time he started jacking off in the cafeteria but no one noticed because it was under the table. I guess I shouldn't have said no one noticed. Because everyone noticed when he suddenly stood up and squirted all over the food trays of everyone at his table.

The saYer said:
I was going to let my hair grow, but I will get a pretty serious internship and I am thinking I can't dress metal anymore. Did your first job set a new pattern for you when you stopped putting your attire cause you didn't feel like changing after? Did you still find a decent amount of time to wear your patched vests?

I cut my hair off once trying to break into apartment maintenance. I have long hair now though. As far as dress, I don't wear dresses only mini-skirts. Not really. I work in industrial maintenance and have a uniform I wear daily at work. I can wear a metal shirt once in a while if I wish to work though no one cares. It's no big deal to me though. I go to work for money and I make my uniforms look good.

Bryant

here's how I look at it:

first - I work in Corporate America...I wear a shirt and tie all day, and I have to deal with Ivy League people all the time. I'm covered in tattoos and they all have no clue...I hate dressing like this - but again, here's my take:

1) I have infiltrated enemy territory, and they are clueless
2) This is all a means to an end for me - meaning; by tolerating what I do on a daily basis, I am able to earn a good living that allows me to do the things that I truly love. It's a necessary evil that I am able to control and deal with in order to obtain things outside of work that make me truly happy and content.

When I was younger I used to say that if someone didn't want to hire me because of the way i looked or dressed then I didn't want to work for them - that's still true for the most part, but the world doesn't work that way and if I want to make more money, i have to allow myself to make some concessions that pay off for me in the long run.

if these people saw me in a tank top on the weekends, they would shit their pants.

JB

I had a couple of jobs outside the Army that I had to wear a uniform and I hated it!
But now I can wear metal tee as long as they are in good taste like folks said before
common sense goes a long way!! I just dont have the patience to grow out my hair
for 5 years in the active duty army I always kept it high and tight and once you get used to it to me it's more comfortable than dealing with hair esp during the summers
here and definitley when I was living in Huntsville. But hopefully Sayer you don't have
to compromise too much. But sometimes that's what life is all about you have to
pay your bills and the real world can be a pain sometimes!

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Oh yeah, some very interesting experiences there. To name just a few:

Lurch, the blue-skinned, down-coated giant; There was this one patient that was so psychotic that they had him tranquilized with the same drug they use to bring down elephants. He was about 7 feet tall, shuffled around like Lurch from the Adam's Family. Side effects of the drug was it gave his skin a noticeable blue-ish hue and he was ALWAYS cold. Even in the dead of summer, 95 degrees, he would be wearing this heavy winter coat.

Mrs. Jeckyl, Lady Hyde; One lady in there was nice as can be, polite, smiling, not a care in the world. Well, in the middle of lunch one day, she just stands up and throws her food tray (and the food) across the cafeteria and begins SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS! It took four orderlies to bring her down. They slapped her in a straight jacket and I didn't see her for a few weeks. Next time I did see her, she looked a little like Lurch!

The Little Old Man From Mountain Home; There was this one little old man in there from Mountain Home, Idaho. He looked like he fell off a Jethro Tull cover or something. Long hair, long beard, some of it braided, ratty old hat, eccentric as hell. I never could figure out what he was talking about, but he talked to me every day. Until I wore my Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast shirt to work one day. He took one look at it and said, "My God, that's the most gruesome shirt I've ever seen!" He wouldn't look at me after that...maybe he thought I had the devil in me...or Eddie!

The Master Baiter; There was this one skinny oriental guy, can't remember his name for the life of me. Maybe I blocked it out. Anyway, he was pretty much a normal person except for one unacceptable personality flaw. He was addicted to masterbating. Many times I'd see him call one of his highly-medicated fellow patients over just in time for him to jizz on them. One time he started jacking off in the cafeteria but no one noticed because it was under the table. I guess I shouldn't have said no one noticed. Because everyone noticed when he suddenly stood up and squirted all over the food trays of everyone at his table.

:tickled:

sixxswine said:
That's what I was getting at. I work with in a mental health clinic

Well that explain all about you now :Spin: :p

JonnyD said:
its funny you mention that! I am applying for a job at the Vermont State Mental Hospital! :D

:yow:

Lord help us all :ill:

Hahaha! You know I'm joking. But I just can't see you doing that kind of work. Unless it's cooking :)

I never worked while I was attending school, but I did do voluntary work at different places...retirement homes, hospitals, local library, & my local school. My first 'little job' was a shampoo girl :) Hahaha! It was fun, but it didn't last long.

I had to cut my hair for the job I'm doing now, but I well settled in so I've been growin it again for almost a year now. I wish people would realise that appearances does not get the job done.
On a lighter note, at least I don't have this guy's job...

fp.jpg