Your latest album purchases?

Smoof

Vacancy
Oct 16, 2005
Colorado, USA
Just curious, figured I'd inquire about your latest album purchases and list off mine.

My latest purchases (in the month of August)

Wolves In The Throne Room - Diadem Of 12 Stars (Great album)
Opera IX - The Call Of The Wood
Opera IX - Sacro Culto

Just bought both the Opera IX on a whim tonight after listening to some rather boring Gothic Metal. I said to myself, "Man, I need some female vocals with some aggression!!" So I turned to my Opera IX - The Black Opera album and decided I should get some more of their stuff. Also great female vocals are a Pagan/Folk Metal band from Russia, known as Arkona. Highly recommended albums from them are, "Vozrozhdenie" and their live "Zhizn Vo Slavu." But beware, they can be a HUGE pain in the ass to find. I still haven't found them for purchase yet, but if anyone can find them (for a reasonable price!!) for sale to the US, I would be eternally greatful. Hmm... off topic in my own thread it seems.

Edit: It seems I may have found a place to purchase said album (Google is my friend.) http://www.asphyxiaterecordings.com/index2.html

Soon as I get an email back from them, I may be adding to my list :)

Though, I just found out that The End Records is moving to a new location and as a result wont be shipping my order until the 21st :(

Michael Hedges - Breakfast in the Field
Michael Hedges - Taproot
Michael Hedges - Watching My Life Go By
Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third
Jesu - Silver EP
Sadhappy - Outerspaces

-Alec

np: Twilight Singers - Powder Burns

Vader- Black to the Blind
Cannibal Corpse- Vile
Amon Amarth- Vs. the World
Suffocation- Human Waste
Morbid Angel- Altars of Madness
Kataklysm- In the Arms of Devastation
Krisiun- AssasiNation
Woods of Ypres- Against the Seasons
Unleashed- Where No life Dwells
Sentenced- North from Here
Embalmer- There was Blood Everywhere
Into Eternity- Buried in Oblivion
Death- Leprosy
Behemoth- Demigod

Agalloch - AATG Wooden box

before that it must've been...a cd called "dirty fuel" i bought at the toronto jazz festival by the fusion band "Gruvoria".

well, since i have been severely poor, i havent been able to buy any albums, but im gonna buy, and yes i do pirate, but i believe a few songs is ok, but if the band is good enough for you to like them so much as to download most of the songs on the album, they deserve the support
WoY-Pursuit, idc if i have to go on ebay to get it
agalloch-aatg

Der Morgenstern said:
Some unground hip-hop stuff.

I'm sort of odd. I love metal (especially black metal), but I also have a great respect for concious/underground hip-hop and have a fairly large collection of that.

Really? I thought I was the only one on here into that stuff too, haha. What are your fav artists? I've been a long time fan of Atmosphere for awhile now. Others artists I like are Talib Kweli and Mos Def (And their Blackstar album), Sage Francis, Cage, and the Murs.

SSJ2 Vegeta said:
Really? I thought I was the only one on here into that stuff too, haha. What are your fav artists? I've been a long time fan of Atmosphere for awhile now. Others artists I like are Talib Kweli and Mos Def (And their Blackstar album), Sage Francis, Cage, and the Murs.

MF Doom/Viktor Vaughan/DangerDoom/Madvillain/
MF Grimm/GM Grimm
Deltron 3030/Del Da Funkee Homosapien
Sage Francis
Atmosphere
Aesop Rock
El-P
Roots Manuva
Haiku d’etat
Aceyalone
Ghostface Killah
RZA
GZA
Inspectah Deck
Method Man
Wu-Tang Clan

There you go. LOL.

MF Doom/Viktor Vaughan/DangerDoom/Madvillain/
MF Grimm/GM Grimm
Deltron 3030/Del Da Funkee Homosapien
El-P
Roots Manuva
Haiku d’etat
Aceyalone
Ghostface Killah
RZA
GZA
Inspectah Deck

I'll have to check these guys out...the others I already have albums by. Thanks man.

Fields of the Nephilim--Elizeum. Current 93--Thunder Perfect Mind. Aeternus--Beyond the Wandering Moon. Dead can Dance--Toward the Within. Patiently awaiting-- Woods of Ypres 3.