Your latest G.A.S. purchases

front_2459.jpg

First time playing with one :D I dont really know how to use it :(

:headbang:

As long as you don't accidentally the whole thing, I think you'll be fine.

Got a new geetaur you whores

55987_1269080682.jpg

Ibanez XP300FX. Slapped on a set of 13-56 strings and tuned it to A standard and presto, a brutal death metal machine. I've been meaning to get a longer scale guitar without locking tuners to use in my band, and I got this baby on sale. The reach on this guitar is amazing, frets 17 to 24 are a breeze to shred around, and great for crazy stretch Paul Gilbert style licks. I'm also very impressed with the stock pickups. The plan was of course to swap them for EMGs or maybe even blackouts almost as soon as I got it but they actually sound really good, so I might keep them around a while.
Ibanez has always impressed the shit out of me with their midpriced models, great stuff.

Also, guess the poster on the left for 50 million points.

Got a new geetaur you whores

55987_1269080682.jpg

Ibanez XP300FX. Slapped on a set of 13-56 strings and tuned it to A standard and presto, a brutal death metal machine. I've been meaning to get a longer scale guitar without locking tuners to use in my band, and I got this baby on sale. The reach on this guitar is amazing, frets 17 to 24 are a breeze to shred around, and great for crazy stretch Paul Gilbert style licks. I'm also very impressed with the stock pickups. The plan was of course to swap them for EMGs or maybe even blackouts almost as soon as I got it but they actually sound really good, so I might keep them around a while.
Ibanez has always impressed the shit out of me with their midpriced models, great stuff.

Also, guess the poster on the left for 50 million points.

i´ve been interested on that guitar for a while
how good is the neck? (too thin?)
do you have problems with the intonation tuning that low?

Actually, the intonation is pretty much perfect right now. It was really well set-up from the shop, so I guess that might have something to do with it. I'm not really an expert on these issues, but yeah sounds killer. The neck is great too, not too fat or too thin. That's a preference thing I guess, but I dig it anyway.

So I just got a Vintage 30 for free, the former owner put it in his old Engl Combo
and thought the speaker was defect because he had alot of rumbling and so on,
when I arrived there I realized why...all the wood parts weren't screwed togehter
very well and so on, so one V30 for me for free :D

Gonna build a little cab for it with rackspaces above it to build my preamp
and poweramp into it.

I recently got a Boogie Mark IIB, a Mesa Boogie Triaxis (I don't know which version,do you know how to check it??), an ENGL 570 and a PSA-1 (the old version, not the 1.1). All of them used. I also got a new Radial X-Amp,so I'm ready for reamps!! Pictures coming soon..

26965_571247882943_44205939_33509195_5382403_n.jpg

Cant wait to play with this more, I'm away at school and cant record drums in my apartment so I'll be definitely making more weekend trips back to my home to record more often!

I got my Schecter 7 string yesterday :D

SchecterOmen7Extremepictures012.jpg

SchecterOmen7Extremepictures004.jpg

SchecterOmen7Extremepictures002.jpg

It plays so nice! The neck isn't the thinnest, but i'm no shredder so it doesn't bother me haha

The pickups are nice and hot, and the guitar is pretty well finished, the glue around certain edges is nice and neat, and its well put together.