Your latest G.A.S. purchases

XFX 5870

can't wait to play METRO 2033 @ MAX details! :D

1940-xfx-5870_article.jpg

The neck doesn't have to be thin to be able to shred on it, just look at Jeff Loomis ;) I'm not the most amazing shredder in the world, but I really like the thick neck on my Blackjack when I want to play fast. And you should try putting a Duncan Custom in the bridge, I have one in my Blackjack 7(which is also mahogany) and it sounds fantastic!

Looks well Muckypup (sorry, dont know your real name), Where did you pick that beast up from?

I got it from Ebay :D Its the only place I found the maple top version, everywhere else just sold the plain black body version, which is still nice, but I couldn't resist this one haha

The neck doesn't have to be thin to be able to shred on it, just look at Jeff Loomis ;) I'm not the most amazing shredder in the world, but I really like the thick neck on my Blackjack when I want to play fast. And you should try putting a Duncan Custom in the bridge, I have one in my Blackjack 7(which is also mahogany) and it sounds fantastic!

The Duncan Custom looks nice, but pricey, maybe if I get a job this year I can get one :D

I got it from Ebay :D Its the only place I found the maple top version, everywhere else just sold the plain black body version, which is still nice, but I couldn't resist this one haha

Ah very nice, friend of mine picked up the hellraiser on the bay too a while back. Was it from the states?

I got my Schecter 7 string yesterday :D

SchecterOmen7Extremepictures012.jpg

SchecterOmen7Extremepictures004.jpg

SchecterOmen7Extremepictures002.jpg

It plays so nice! The neck isn't the thinnest, but i'm no shredder so it doesn't bother me haha

The pickups are nice and hot, and the guitar is pretty well finished, the glue around certain edges is nice and neat, and its well put together.

Congrats mate!
They are really not bad guitars for the price.
Get some new pickups in there bro:headbang:

Good to know, My pal back in Ireland got it sent over from the states as it worked out much cheaper, good to know they are reasonable here now though

Yeah, Ebay Uk has been good with the stuff I've had from there before, I got my my Vintage VJ6 for just £67 from there as well :D The bidding war went my way which was lucky haha, its a decent guitar and for the price i got it, i can't complain!

If I was going to get new pickups for it, what ones would you suggest? I like the look of the Duncan Custom and the Lundgren M7, mainly because Fredrik Thordendal uses it though :lol:

Lundgren is very much ultra top end stuff in terms of price.
Unless you're absolutely sure it will go with your guitar, it's a risky venture.
Look into Bare Knuckle Pickups, seeing as you're from the UK, it will be cheaper for you there.
They make pickups that go well with Mahogany

Lundgren is very much ultra top end stuff in terms of price.
Unless you're absolutely sure it will go with your guitar, it's a risky venture.
Look into Bare Knuckle Pickups, seeing as you're from the UK, it will be cheaper for you there.
They make pickups that go well with Mahogany

I know they are very expensive, I'm sticking with the stock ones for now. Its going to be a long time until I can afford to get new pickups :( They still sound good enough though, and they are pretty hot.

I know they are very expensive, I'm sticking with the stock ones for now. Its going to be a long time until I can afford to get new pickups :( They still sound good enough though, and they are pretty hot.

Why not go used?
Shit loads of EMGs, Dimarzios and Seymour Duncans on the used market

I'm in Europe, and I got my Duncan Custom for the equivalent of $100(66 pounds, 75 euros). Not too bad imo :)

So...today at the MusikMesse I played around with the SSL Duende Mini for about an hour....allthough it felt like 5 minutes, I apparently was busy with it for an hour... :)...

So just after 2 phonecalls, 1 with my wife saying we had an awesome tax return, and the 2nd ordering this baby....

Duende-Mini-460-80.jpg

I also order this...custom in - ears today....for live purposes.

ue10photo.jpg