Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Yeah I'm diggin the Ultex JIII as well. I keep using it over the Pitch Black JazzIII that I was using previously. I really like the attack of the Ultex more, it's sharper but not as scratchy if that makes any sense.

Yeah, the Pitch Blacks aren't really Jazz III's, but rather Tortexes, because of the material and the lack of beveled edges (hence the scratchiness)

Damn it why doesn't Sweetwater carry the Jazz III Max Grips? No way I'm going to pay shipping cost on a pack of picks anywhere else.

I just picked up one of these little guys for my studio...

14588-1-big.jpg

Damn it why doesn't Sweetwater carry the Jazz III Max Grips? No way I'm going to pay shipping cost on a pack of picks anywhere else.

$7.75 shipped for a 6-pack here; a bit much for picks I admit, but they last for ages! And for anyone who might be unsure, the only difference between the red and black is stiffness (the black having practically no flex at all, which I definitely prefer with such a small pick)

$7.75 shipped for a 6-pack here; a bit much for picks I admit, but they last for ages! And for anyone who might be unsure, the only difference between the red and black is stiffness (the black having practically no flex at all, which I definitely prefer with such a small pick)

Just got off the phone with my Sweetwater sales rep, and got a 24 pack of the black Max Grip Jazz III's for $13 shipped :kickass:

I love Sweetwater.

Yeah but Ultex JIII sounds terrible in comparison - super scratchy and such a weird annoying high end chirp.

I found the Ultex picks to have a little bit more bight, but im not getting what you are talking about with that "high end chirp"?
Maybe thats something you crazy no good kids get with thems downtuned string sizes and EGM pickupmagunks.

I found the Ultex picks to have a little bit more bight, but im not getting what you are talking about with that "high end chirp"?
Maybe thats something you crazy no good kids get with thems downtuned string sizes and EGM pickupmagunks.

It's a chiminess and bell-like quality to the top end of the pick attack that I just can't get into.

I'm still a total whore for .88 green Tortex's though - just the best sounding pick IMO. Been using them for the past couple of weeks, I think I'm switched over fully at this point.

Dude, sorry for the OT, can you have a look for me at what fuse is in the back of your GP-1000? I need to replace mine, as I kinda lost the fuse after I took it out lol.

sure, the cap broke on mine so I've got it tapped it but I'll pull it out and check. I figured you got rid of yours since you didn't speak too highly of it at one point haha