Your latest G.A.S. purchases

fg_x_p3.jpg

And the Overstayers got here a few days ago... will have pics as soon as I rack them up.

Hmm, I did the exact opposite a few months ago. I switched to the Jazz III because the pick attack was to harsh on the sharps. I'd be interest to know what you think about the pick attack. I still like the way the sharps play better.

Interesting!

Well I wanted to try out another pick with a similar sharp tip and ive also thought my palm might be too low to the strings with the jazz so id try a bigger pick....still sharp but it might level my hand up slightly. Its hard to describe! Ive always had a weird picking hand....good to experiment!

I only bought 5 of them just to test the water, but its going quite well! The pick attacks not too different on the leads ive found but its alot "scratchier" on the rhythms....no doubt also because im using the thickest 1.5mm *white* ones so theres more surface area across the string per pick.

The big reason for the scratchiness is the lack of beveled edges on all the tortex picks (lame :() - see if you can get your hands on some Jazz III XL's Jimbo, would probably be more what you're looking for!

It actually is wood/plastic composite. The whole body and neck is injection molded. The guitar is Flaxwood Rautia. Has better sustain than any of my wooden guitars :worship: Thanks anyway :)

How are you liking it so far? I've tried a couple of them, and while they actually sounded really nice, I didn't like how they played that much. I've also heard from some owners that they don't keep in tune all that well?

How are you liking it so far? I've tried a couple of them, and while they actually sounded really nice, I didn't like how they played that much. I've also heard from some owners that they don't keep in tune all that well?

I did put new strings on it first i got it so can't comment on the tuning stability much yet. It seems fine atm tho. The tremolo is a bit strange because the springs are under the tailpiece. Totally different than the Fenders and Floyd roses I'm used to. I think it is the Schaller LP tremolo. The tuners are locking which really should with the tuning too. I think the only place what could cause tuning problems is the nut.

I did test the hardtail version a week ago and there was no tuning stability problems at all. It had the locking tuners also.

The body is chambered so it has the hollowbody acoustic sound. At first I thought that the guitar is going to sound like one too when plugged to amp. But no, it suits to metal riffage as well as any other axe.

I can see why some don't like this guitar. The light weight (about 3kg) combined to the acoustic sound does not attract all. It may feel like a cheapo guitar but actually it is the opposite :D I think this guitar is awesome to play. The setup was great, didnt need to adjust anything. When plugged this sounds surprisingly big, plenty of low end.

The guitar was used and is a couple years old model, but doesn't have wear on the frets or anywhere at all. So yay :)

I can see why some don't like this guitar. The light weight (about 3kg) combined to the acoustic sound does not attract all. It may feel like a cheapo guitar but actually it is the opposite :D I think this guitar is awesome to play. The setup was great, didnt need to adjust anything. When plugged this sounds surprisingly big, plenty of low end.

Yeah, it can be pretty hard to get over the feeling that your holding a plastic guitar in your hands :D I was positively surprised about the tone, too. Somehow I thought it wouldn't have any sustain, but I was wrong.

Then again, I picked up a Parker Fly after the Flaxwoods, and holy fuck, I damn near slinged that thing through the window due to it's weight. Absolutely hated the feel on that thing, didn't feel like a guitar at all.

Yeah, it can be pretty hard to get over the feeling that your holding a plastic guitar in your hands :D I was positively surprised about the tone, too. Somehow I thought it wouldn't have any sustain, but I was wrong.

Then again, I picked up a Parker Fly after the Flaxwoods, and holy fuck, I damn near slinged that thing through the window due to it's weight. Absolutely hated the feel on that thing, didn't feel like a guitar at all.

To me it was not. I actually work as a teamleader for injection molding department, so I had a natural interest for injection molded guitars :D We have also tried molding wood composites in a few products. Never came to my mind that they could be used to make a whole guitar.

I have always wanted to try a Parker Fly. I actually thought the body of those would be some kind of wood? It can't be if its lighter than the Flax.

New Old Guitar
Had this guitar from 2001 to 2006 we had a endorsement with peavey which was pretty sweet at the time. Did a couple of albums with it and toured with it as my main guitar and became pretty attached to him. The band I was in imploded late 2006/7 the manager thought it would be a nice touch to sell my guitar to another band he was managing, at least he wasn't bitter about the whole thing..........

As you can imagine I was gutted as I just quit my band and I had no money or a job to try and get my beloved axe back!
Anyhow got a call last month from the nice young chap in this other band asking if I wanted my guitar back for a few quid and I jumped at the offer. Mr guitar had been out on the road since he left me and was looking a little worse for it so I took him in for a complete refit - fret dress, new pickups, new pots, tail piece, bridge, coil tap, and selector switch. The guitar shop guy had to call peavey up because the bridge and tail are non standard and for the special ninja EVH fret oil or something too?!

So £400+ out of pocket just for repairs and one month later mr guitar is back and is f**king awesome, I was very close to tears getting this back so I wanna show off a pic! I know its only a bit of wood but they do seem to have such great sentimental value.

Poor mr guitar when I first got him back
before.jpg

Mr guitar NOW! AMAZING!!!!!!!:kickass:
after.jpg

New Old Guitar
Had this guitar from 2001 to 2006 we had a endorsement with peavey which was pretty sweet at the time. Did a couple of albums with it and toured with it as my main guitar and became pretty attached to him. The band I was in imploded late 2006/7 the manager thought it would be a nice touch to sell my guitar to another band he was managing, at least he wasn't bitter about the whole thing..........

your manager sold YOUR guitar? what the fuck man thats bullshit

Holy crap, I just bought this :Smokin:

Kuva01381.jpg
awesome, a flaxwood, i would love to try one out somedays!! they should sound amazing!

btt, here are my latest GAS purchases

Okko CocaComp:
Okko.jpg

T-Rex Fuel Tank
Marshall JMP-1 Midi Preamp
some microphone shockmounts
Quiklok GS-471 Guitar Stand for 7 Guitars
Harry Häussel Pickups: Tozz XL + Vin Hot
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 String Bass (delivered today. pix coming soon)

Nik Huber Krautster
Nik_Huber_1.jpg

Nik_Huber_2.jpg

equipped with a harry häussel P90 "Hot" Pickup