Your latest G.A.S. purchases

It's a bit late now because I bought this about a month ago but... it's my latest GAS purchase still, so...

53199_l.jpg

This has been an expensive month for me...

I'll get the Pod Farm Platinum 2 upgrade for free :)
586845.jpg

Likely gonna use it on vocals for me at rehearsals/gigs and on toms. See how it sounds on guitars too.
SHURE_BETA57A.jpg

Yeah? My drummer keeps saying that to me and I was a bit unsure. I'll give it a blast. Got a few snares I want to mic up anyway so it's worth a go! Planning an Audix I5 for snare at some point in the near future.

i recall the beta 57As having a lovely super tight, super cardioid polar response. Keeps down the bleed really well!! used one once live for our drummers vocal mic, no feedback, and minimal/controllable spill!

Sweet, I've used one on my vocals at rehearsal and really liked it.

All my stuff is now on it's way. I spent nearly £700 this month :( Nevermind, I've only got a few upgrades to make and I'll be happy!

I'll see what the results are tomorrow when I get the thing. If it doesn't make a huge difference, back it goes!

It's got to mean something that they're completely out of stock everywhere since I bought mine. If someone is spending $1700.00 on something that just fixes electricity, it's got to mean something.

Could not pass up the great summer upgrade/crossgrade pricing from Native Instruments. Just bought the Kontakt 4 crossgrade. Now starts the endless collecting of all the great sample packs that are out there - I know Orange Tree has a great group buy going on for 50% off and I'll be definitely getting their CoreBass Cherry package.

kontakt-4_packshot_pricing.png

fretless.jpg

fretless1.jpg

Fretless Fender Jazz with flatwounds. I like to think of it as my "electric cello." Plays oh-so smooth.

...I've needed a fretless from time to time over the years but never had one, nor knew anyone who locally who owned one. I had one come in several years ago & it sounded amazing. So cool for the mellow stuff.

I spotted this one on a used rack at a local shop & snatched it up.