Your latest G.A.S. purchases

40947_l.jpg

for the sum of £175 with a hardcase. FUCK yeah.

Power Conditioner!
P1130269.jpg

Made a much larger difference in sound quality than I was expecting to be honest.

Within 24 hours...

PSAPPP.jpg

The most advanced piece of power perfection equipment on the market. It doesn't even regulate power; It converts the AC to DC, then regenerates it to AC, but 100% pure with a deathly consistent voltage and a precise 60hz sine wave. It's basically as good as having your own power plant.

Gearslutz research FTW. I'll be doing before and after clips. With my old shitty house out of the equation, I expect an instant improvement in guitar amplifier and interface work.

Thanks for the link.
That doesn't look like too much - considering the return on the investment (IMHO)
That may be something I have to consider as well - since I'm moving my setup into the outside Utility Room.
Thanks again for the heads-up.
Take care

Scott

No problem, Scott. Nice to see you posting more again as well.

Yeah, it's not an insane amount of money. I just did about 2 hours worth of research and this is the most acclaimed model. I figure there's no reason to buy less than the best.

lolzgreg: sounds like a good investment ;) it sounds like the same prinsiple frequency converters are made by.. we had some "clean" power aboard a ship i worked on, but that was by online ups.. I never had any noise in my guitar recordings, not even radio interference because my cabin was shielded by steel .. haha

I've never had my power go out during a session. I save every time something important happens.

On that note, this unit is more complex and has quite a bit more features than just a UPS system. I can get a cheap UPS for my computer if I need, anyhows.

I understand, but as a veteran live engineer here rightly told me, there is a lot of snake oil sold with these things. I'm unsure what the US price is for that unit, since it directed me to the Australian retailer, where it was listed at $2,495. For that amount of money I'd like to think there would be a far more appreciable benefit buying a few-hundred dollar Furman unit and several bags of 703.

If a unit is touted great on GS, of all places, it's usually an indication that it indulges them in the sort of wank they like to engage in. Being a regular lurker there for some years, I've come to find that the amount of posturing, brand and price-association going on is immense, and usually has no practical relevance to the true quality of a product. Just look at the general opinion of ITB mixing, PODs, Slate samples & mid-level hardware on there, and consider that despite all that someone like Joey can produce and mix 99% of their population under the table.

All the same, I hope the unit is worthwhile and leads to practical benefits for your reamping.

The unit cost me $1700.00. This was cheaper than the best Furman unit available, and about the same as the best Monster Power unit. I have 30 days to see if the unit is going to make a tremendous difference. I'm under the assumption that it will.

It lowers THD, which is pretty astounding, and has selectable waveforms for the power, based on which will work best for your system. I'll just hope for the best.