Your latest G.A.S. purchases

154595.jpg

130949.jpg

And... a lot of stuff for the guitar I'm building atm.

Long guitar finally arrived. I had to threaten to sue the seller after almost two months waiting.
27.7" scale feels nice so far but the guitar needs a full setup.
Now I need an emg81. The stock pickup is interesting tho. It's a quad coil Kent Armstrong Motherbucker. Never heard of those before.

wsl.jpg

Some DIY materials to make a couple pop filters for the home studio. Total cost for 2 pop filters: $8 AUD

2 x 17.5cm (7") embroidery hoops and 1 meter x 450 mm of black nylon/lycra material. I've got HEAPS of material left over so definitely overkill, but its there for when I need it again.
Going to try a 3 part trial recording.
1) Mic without filter
2) Mic with filter no.1 (single layer of fabric)
3) Mic with filter no.2 (double layer of fabric)

Finished product:

30m1wr8.jpg

:headbang:

not so much a gas purchase, but a long term loan from a mate of mine, the RM100 with xtc and ultra modules, first impressions weren't great compared to the 6505, but maybe tracking might suit it better!

Pull out 2 of the powertubes and rebias it(Anyone can do it on this amp, its easy.).. it did wonders to mine soundwise.

Long guitar finally arrived. I had to threaten to sue the seller after almost two months waiting.
27.7" scale feels nice so far but the guitar needs a full setup.
Now I need an emg81. The stock pickup is interesting tho. It's a quad coil Kent Armstrong Motherbucker. Never heard of those before.

wsl.jpg

What make of guitar is it?

Its a nice scale as well, I would have liked my 7 string to be a bit longer, its only a 26.5 scale, I wanted a 27 :D

What make of guitar is it?

Its a nice scale as well, I would have liked my 7 string to be a bit longer, its only a 26.5 scale, I wanted a 27 :D
It's a WSL. Pretty generic cheap french (made in korea) guitar brand.
It's nice for the price but the only if you don't care about shitty finish.
And they're quite hard to find.

yeah i noticed each power tube has its own individual bias!!

which two powertubes am i pulling out, the 2 inners? as for bias voltages, what are yours at?

I pulled out the 2 outer ones.. cant remember what i set it at.. but the number 42 pops up in my head, so i guess 42mv(I was recommended to push them a bit harder by a previous RM100 owner.).
But follow the manual when it comes to the voltages, just to be safe(Not that ive had any problems with mine.).