Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Casio CTK-3000 + adapter + stand
ctk3000pack.jpg

51fxg352lqL._SS400_.jpg

Noctua NH-U12P SE2

This thing fucking rules! I overclocked my Q6600 from 2.4GHz stock to 3.1GHz, and with one fan and Prime95 running for 30 minutes my temps are hovering at 45 degrees. I think I may take the fan off and just rely on the case fans...

Either way, this thing is WAY quieter than the stock Intel heat sink, and way more effective... So in one fell swoop I solved my noise problem, my heat problem, AND I can run way more stuff in my mixes with lower latency :D

51fxg352lqL._SS400_.jpg

Noctua NH-U12P SE2

This thing fucking rules! I overclocked my Q6600 from 2.4GHz stock to 3.1GHz, and with one fan and Prime95 running for 30 minutes my temps are hovering at 45 degrees. I think I may take the fan off and just rely on the case fans...

Either way, this thing is WAY quieter than the stock Intel heat sink, and way more effective... So in one fell swoop I solved my noise problem, my heat problem, AND I can run way more stuff in my mixes with lower latency :D

yup, that's on my list of thing to buy next month, the summer weather is acting up and my intel heatsink isn't up to the job.

fuckin OH SNAP :popcorn:

Yeah.
The keys are suspended in a small plastic piece of shit that breaks if you are a heavy handed player(Causing the key to fall down, and its not covered by warranty.).
After a few months the keys will start to wobble sideways because the plastic is already starting to wear(Again, Not covered by warranty.).
You only have 2 levels of dynamics.. basically medium and ultra heavy(So you'll have a shitload of work if you record with it to get the dynamics right.).
The AC-plug on the back will start to loose connection if you unplug it more then like 15 times(This is however covered by warranty.).
The keys feel like shit from factory, and they wont get any better as you have already seen in my post.
The adapter it self is of poor quality, either the cable breaks at the adapter side, or at the plug side.. or you will get wire break(Not covered by warranty.).
From what i have heard, the midi-functions are glitchy as hell(Havent tried it my self.).

Basically, if it says Casio on it, it better be a fuckin' watch.

Wow, you will regret that purchase..
(Trust me, i actually sell Casio's.)

Since you know Casio's, do you happen to remember the name of the keyboard that they tried to be "serious" with back in the 80's? When I bought my Yamaha Motif, the sales guy and I were joking around about various keyboards (I think I joked about using a Casio as a midi controller), and he said something about Casio tried sometime in the 80's to make a serious standalone keyboard, but it was still crap. Can't remember the model for the life of me.

Nevermind, I think it was the CZ series stuff.

Since you know Casio's, do you happen to remember the name of the keyboard that they tried to be "serious" with back in the 80's? When I bought my Yamaha Motif, the sales guy and I were joking around about various keyboards (I think I joked about using a Casio as a midi controller), and he said something about Casio tried sometime in the 80's to make a serious standalone keyboard, but it was still crap. Can't remember the model for the life of me.

Nevermind, I think it was the CZ series stuff.

I never tried the CZ, but i own a VZ-1 and i hate to admit it.. but it feels good, its well built(Aluminum body.) and it sounds pretty good(Very similar to the Yamaha DX-series.).

They still have some pretty good stuff as far as digital pianos go.. if you spend ~1300$ on them, but then you have allot of other brands that are better in that price range.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Hey Ermz, are you sure the thermal paste is applied correctly and there's not too much or too little? If yes than the problem might lie in a less than ideal surface area of the CPU instead. Some people sand it to achieve a flatter surface, though I'd probably not have the nerve to do it with an expensive cpu.

Great to hear man. Mine definitely isn't working that well for me. Given the list of dodgy hardware coming through, chances are I have a defective CPU, because two great, aftermarket coolers have not been able to keep it in check adequately!

I second the recommendation to check the thermal paste. I noticed my temps slowly rising higher over the past few weeks, and I decided to reapply thermal paste. But I pretty much botched it, and my temps were WAY too high, so I just underclocked my CPU until it was in a safe range and waiting for the Noctua to show up. Reapplied the paste correctly and tada.

81-7.jpg

This little baby :D

It was ordered for me as a present, but its still a GAS purchase haha

I'm putting it into my Schecter omen 7 extreme, so it should turn it into a monster lol

I second the recommendation to check the thermal paste. I noticed my temps slowly rising higher over the past few weeks, and I decided to reapply thermal paste. But I pretty much botched it, and my temps were WAY too high, so I just underclocked my CPU until it was in a safe range and waiting for the Noctua to show up. Reapplied the paste correctly and tada.

That's the thing. The definition of 'correctly' all differ. Noctua advocate a small dot in the center, so I did that. Didn't seem to do much. Last time we had like 4 small dots all over, didn't do it. All that's really left to do is spread the stuff across the surface with a plastic card and hope for the best.