Your latest G.A.S. purchases

81-7.jpg

This little baby :D

It was ordered for me as a present, but its still a GAS purchase haha

I'm putting it into my Schecter omen 7 extreme, so it should turn it into a monster lol
Hey man, wanna do a before and after tone test for me? I've got that guitar too and am considering going the active route myself...

That's the thing. The definition of 'correctly' all differ. Noctua advocate a small dot in the center, so I did that. Didn't seem to do much. Last time we had like 4 small dots all over, didn't do it. All that's really left to do is spread the stuff across the surface with a plastic card and hope for the best.

I'm definitely in the "spread it all over" camp. You want maximum surface are contact for maximum conduction. The trick is to get a perfect covering but as thin as possible, being aware that siding the cooler by even a few mm can redistribute the stuff ruining all your hard work, you need to place the cooler on directly downwards and then be very careful not to move it while fastening the clips.

Just bought a couple of Seymour Duncan pickups today- an Invader and a Jazz. I'm going to install them myself, first attempt at doing this but I really want to start getting into doing my own repairs and mods. Jumping right in...

Hey man, wanna do a before and after tone test for me? I've got that guitar too and am considering going the active route myself...

Well dude, I got it today, it doesn't fit in this model of guitar. If you are good at woodwork, then you should get it because its probably a great pickup, but I'm not, so I'm missing out now :(