Your latest G.A.S. purchases

That looks pretty sweet dude. Although not a fan of the reverse esp headstock, especially with the 4+2 tuner layout.

I expect a few reactions like that. :)

But I really wanted something that looks a little different.

I like the lines of the reverse ESP with that body.

The Tuner config was kinda inspired by Shawn Lane's Ibanez.

I have a schecter A7 Elite that has 1 tuner on the top and 6 on the bottom and I think this looks better than that.

The final result should be interesting though. I cant wait. I'll definately post pics.

I have recently bought a ReampV2, got POD Farm and I´m waiting for Steven Slate 2.5
Anyway, Gears Of War 2, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, NHL 09, Tales Of Vesperia, Army Of Two, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero World Tour and Saints Row 2 will keep me busy and poor for a while :D

@James:
The EMG 89 on the neck is better than the 60 or 85? I want to replace my 85 on the neck, as I find it pretty useless. Is there any EMG with a good clean sound? I mean, for strumming like an acoustic guitar.

I'm not James, but the 89 is usually compared to the 85, only the 89 is tappable.

You can get EMG single coils housed in humbuckers if you want a different type of clean sound.

Also, running at 18 volts makes my EMG's sound better on clean tones.

Yeah, it's personal preference I guess. I think I'd like it if it was 3+3, I'll have to look into a Ran Custom, how much is that setting you back MW?

Very Painful with the Shitty US Dollar my friend.

It was around $1800 Euro.

Originally it was going to be $2900 USD.

I think I checked recently and the dollar had improved a bit so it might be more like $2500.

But when you think about the fact that you are getting a guitar made to your specs and could go out and buy a Dean Dave Mustane USA or any ESP George L, Kirk H or Jeff H. guitar for 2k-4K, its not all that bad.

Luckily I was able to put half on deposite and had around a year to save up for the rest upon completion.

Sorry, a HUMONGOUS -1 to the 4+2 tuners on a symmetrical headstock, but as you say, personal preference! Looks awesome otherwise, I love the paint job, though that is a fucking arm and a leg of expense, I can't believe a Gutierrez (or any other US custom makes that I'm not aware of) would cost anywhere near that much...and there's always Carvin...

front-1.jpg

Nice dude, is that thing as expensive as it looks?

I love that headstock and the tuner configuration. Not too big on V's, but it looks sweet.

I have a schecter A7 Elite that has 1 tuner on the top and 6 on the bottom and I think this looks better than that.

I remember that guitar from the Mahalah days! I'm still playing my A-7 all the time. In fact I use it more than my ESP LTD with EMGs. Theres something about the sound of that Duncan Designed stock pickup that I love. I wish I had money to experiment with new pickups, though.

Sorry, a HUMONGOUS -1 to the 4+2 tuners on a symmetrical headstock, but as you say, personal preference!

Alot of thought went into the headstock.

For one, I always liked the Kerry King ESP V. I like where the ESP logo is in the tip.

And With the Ran Logo, I think the placement may not have worked without the tuning peg getting a bit in the way of the logo.

I tried the 3 by 3 look and I just liked this more. The 2 is on the short side of the headstock and the 4 is on the long side.

Strange that no one complains about the Caparison having a 2+4 headstock.

None i've heard at least.

Alot of thought went into the headstock.

For one, I always liked the Kerry King ESP V. I like where the ESP logo is in the tip.

And With the Ran Logo, I think the placement may not have worked without the tuning peg getting a bit in the way of the logo.

I tried the 3 by 3 look and I just liked this more. The 2 is on the short side of the headstock and the 4 is on the long side.

Strange that no one complains about the Caparison having a 2+4 headstock.

None i've heard at least.

That's because the big horn on the Caparison headstock makes it look balanced. On a headstock that traditionally has 6 tuners on one side, it looks absolutely horrible. I really like that design, except the headstock.. its just :zombie:

Very Painful with the Shitty US Dollar my friend.

It was around $1800 Euro.

Originally it was going to be $2900 USD.

I think I checked recently and the dollar had improved a bit so it might be more like $2500.

Dude the dollar is doing absolutely awesome right now compared to what it was before! It was 1.6 when I was in Germany this summer, and now it's at 1.27.

€1800 is $2,295.

Dude the dollar is doing absolutely awesome right now compared to what it was before! It was 1.6 when I was in Germany this summer, and now it's at 1.27.

€1800 is $2,295.

Yeah, after what I already put into it at the high rate, I am hoping to come out around $2500 which is still better than the original $2900. I owe $1,274.52 according to the current exchange rate. Sadly my deposite was 800 Euro and that was $1400 7 months ago. Guess that means I will have paid $2674.52 unless it improves in the next 5 months.

My wife is from Poland so I plan to visit there with her when the guitar is done. I will pick it up there and bring it home to the USA in hand.

In the past year:

Pro tools 7.4
All the eqs and compressors (URS)
Bassman 100 (well I got it fixed anyway)
Madison divinity
B-52 AT100 (currently at voodoo for repair)
Audix D6
Gearbox
ATA for pro tools
VST to Rtas wrapper
SIR 2

Good lord I have dropped some bank this year. I plan to pick up pro tools 8 next month and I am trying to score a mackie universal control atm.

Spector Legend Bubinga 6 string bass with EMG 45DC active pickups and original tone pump preamp. Finally!!
2 22" Samsung Syncmaster monitors.

That's because the big horn on the Caparison headstock makes it look balanced. On a headstock that traditionally has 6 tuners on one side, it looks absolutely horrible. I really like that design, except the headstock.. its just :zombie:

Yep