Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Most recent has been a controller keyboard for my desk (Axiom 49) to replace the massive Keystation 88 that was taking up too much space in my room. There's also the Rode NT1A, which I'm loving on quiet sources like whispers; I can crank up the gain to my heart's content and it doesn't hiss :).

159411.jpg

ATM650.jpg

:cool:

Man that caparison is serious! Glad I'm not the only one into the 456 too :D Whats the neck profile on that guy?

And Temps can give us a quick review between your sls's? I love the white sls3, it has the features I'd change on my flametop slsmg (and some I have).

I love both my SLSes :D
Whenever I pick up a guitar, I always compare its playability & sound to the black one. I've been through about 20 guitars in the last year and that is the only one I kept the whole time.
Anyway.. things that are the same between the black & white one
- awesome fretwork. The white one is actually a bit better, suits the increased price.
- awesome neck shape. I would say it is the thinnest neck Jackson makes, but the new COW 7 strings have an even skinnier neck towards the nut. I like how it is thin and still a very nice U shape, unlike Wizard necks that are either really narrow across the back (Wizard I) or flat with pronounced shoulders (Wizard II)
- not so great hardware. For the price, on an ESP, you would have locking tuners and a Tone Pros locking bridge. On this Jackson though, you have the same Gotohs that come on the $700 dinkys and probably the same bridge as well.
- incredible tone. I love how these things sound. Very ballsy, thick tone.. really thick. But at the same time, the thin tapered body brightens it up a bit so it is more responsive with better articulation most some mahogany guitars. The ebony board also gives a strong and balanced top end so the guitar rules equally hard for both crushing riffs and thick leads

Things that are different...
- The white one looks better :D I've wanted a pearl white guitar forever and was really fuckin pumped when I saw Jackson came out with my favorite guitar of all time in the finish I wanted most. I love the shark eye inlays too (same ones the Mark Morton sig has, and the older USA SLS)
- The white one is lighter. It is about as light as my buddy's blackmachine. I noticed the top horn is a bit narrower, but I think most of the weight savings is just because it is a different guitar with a different cut of wood.
- The white one's finish isn't 100%. Mine has a tiny 1/4"x1/4" patch of yellow on the back and there is one spot on the neck where the masking was a little rough so you can see mahogany between where the binding ends and the neck finish starts. Very very small areas though.

My black one has Seymour Duncan Blackouts in it. The Bridge model in the neck, and the Neck model in the bridge (more or less like having an EMG 81 in the neck and a 85 in the bridge). The white one came with Duncan 59s which sounded pretty good, I loved the huge mids and chunky sound they had, but they didn't have enough output so I'm replacing them with Bareknuckle Cold Sweats.

well go to GC and get some... they're a few bucks a pack.

and they taste like blueberries!

:lol:

James, I took your advice. But dude, these things really taste like shit, and don't even get me started on the indigestion. :erk:

All kidding aside, my latest GAS

FMR RNP
Couple Mogami cables

Turning 30 on Thursday and I suspect the wife is hooking me up with a 6505 combo. Love that woman! Does that count as GAS? Gotta Act Surprised?

I almost forgot about these.

Ebay and Craigslist came through nicely here:

SWR 750x for $800 new on Ebay:

swr750x_head.jpg

SWR 8x10 Megoliath $650 on Craigslist like new!!! ($1500 new)

megoliath.jpg

Needed it most for my poor bassist but thought it couldn't hurt for the studio. :headbang: