Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Thanks guise. cant wait to start writing and recording with it. The only real problem im having moving from 6 to 8 is having my fingers get lost because im not used to the TWO extra strings. My hands are tiny tiny too, but i dont have any difficulty with the neck. Mostly discomfort but that will go away when i get used to it. I also thought i was going to have alot of trouble with no inlays, cause im a tab guy, its all i know. But i dont even know they arent there cause of the dots on the side. I cant really compare the duncans VS emg's cause i havent palyed EMGs on an 8 yet. But im enjoying them.

okay, time to wreck this thread.

IMG_6121.jpg

IMG_6110.jpg

IMG_6127.jpg

IMG_6126.jpg

IMG_6091.jpg

IMG_6087.jpg

IMG_6101.jpg

ive probly spent more time taking pictures than actually playing it.:p

what a beauty, congrats man!!!:yow:

Thanks guise. cant wait to start writing and recording with it. The only real problem im having moving from 6 to 8 is having my fingers get lost because im not used to the TWO extra strings. My hands are tiny tiny too, but i dont have any difficulty with the neck. Mostly discomfort but that will go away when i get used to it. I also thought i was going to have alot of trouble with no inlays, cause im a tab guy, its all i know. But i dont even know they arent there cause of the dots on the side. I cant really compare the duncans VS emg's cause i havent palyed EMGs on an 8 yet. But im enjoying them.

You get used to it pretty quick (the 8 string and what to do with it). My problem is finding anything worth playing from A down. F# as a chord on the 8th string sounds like tubby farts. :lol:

So far I dig mine as well, although I must say your new 8 blows mine away in SEXY GOOD TIME appeal.

It took me about 2 days to get used to the 7 string neck, and I've got pretty big hands haha, it shouldn't be too hard getting used to a 8 string though, I played one the other day and I was able to play on it easily

Wow, never thought of it like that. the iMac just got even better.

I'll still have my 22" monitor for my mix window in PT.

I think I just won!

You get used to it pretty quick (the 8 string and what to do with it). My problem is finding anything worth playing from A down. F# as a chord on the 8th string sounds like tubby farts. :lol:

So far I dig mine as well, although I must say your new 8 blows mine away in SEXY GOOD TIME appeal.

yeah i agree that it doesn't sound so good, but i'll probly just play the 0 instead of 02 for those lower ones. what kind of 8 you gat bro?

It took me about 2 days to get used to the 7 string neck, and I've got pretty big hands haha, it shouldn't be too hard getting used to a 8 string though, I played one the other day and I was able to play on it easily

nice. i figured it'd be pointless to go test one because going from 6-8 and thin to thick necks is going to be uncomfortable. so im not going to find one that "feels good to me".

also, while playing, i got kind of dizzy for some reason lol. i think its just from seeing so many strings. i also thought the strings were closer together, but i measured on my 8 and 6 and they were both the same.

Finally I can contribute to this thread. It's been a while.

Intel i5 750 (quad core and moderately overclocked @ 3.5ghz)
p31066.jpg

Gigabyte-p55-US3L
si-gig-p55us3.jpg

2x1GB Kingston DDR3-1333
KIT%202%201GB%20800%20KINGSTON.gif

CM Hyper TX
intro1.jpg

This replaced my ancient e2180@2.66ghz and maxed out projects are now peaking 40-50%, with export times being almost 4 times quicker.

Total price: around 300 euro.