Your latest G.A.S. purchases

I haven't had too much time with it. I hooked it up and mixed one of my older mixes into it. Sounds very good to me! I compared it to Waves SSL comp and thought the prime comp sounded wider, more 3d and less muddy. It's pretty ugly, though ;)

I will post a comparison on monday.

COOL MAN!!! I got one for about 3weeks ago :D Tell me what you think about it.

591732.jpg

Moved up from 5's and not having to guess what the lowend is doing is confidence building.

I have a pair, great buy!, but be prepared to add a couple more of bass traps to your mix room ;)

Nah, it's a 30 day mandatory hold to run it with local police departments to make sure it's not on a stolen item report.

Ahhh, well not how they explained it but yours definitely makes more sense ...lol

Cant wait to get it next sunday, very very excited. Sounded GREAT through the v30 loaded Marshall 4x12 at GC.

I cant believe I have become such an amp whore ....lol

Yes on both counts.

I usually track a lot of stuff through them since they're so versatile, but in the mix there is no plug-in comp I've ever tried that does this.

It enhances the *thud* portion of the attack on snares, making them rounder. The release also brings tons of resonance and body out. Great for rock snares I'd imagine, or lower snares in general. Most plug-in comps just have that 'snap' and nothing very interesting after. For kicks it's pretty clicky, but it takes away the sub, which I'm not sure is 100% for me.

Yes on both counts.

I usually track a lot of stuff through them since they're so versatile, but in the mix there is no plug-in comp I've ever tried that does this.

It enhances the *thud* portion of the attack on snares, making them rounder. The release also brings tons of resonance and body out. Great for rock snares I'd imagine, or lower snares in general. Most plug-in comps just have that 'snap' and nothing very interesting after. For kicks it's pretty clicky, but it takes away the sub, which I'm not sure is 100% for me.

I know what you mean. I friend of mine and also a forum member here has 2 and they blow!!!! Great on kicks but unbelievable good on snares