Your latest G.A.S. purchases

KH-202.jpg

Tried it at the music store, and I just loved the neck so I bought it.

Can you do a comparison of the RME and and FP-10 preamps? It would be so great....I've got 2x Fp10 and thinking about switiching to M-Audio or stuff like this.

I planned to do that, yep. I'm still waiting for the Octamic, so it will take some time :(

Hah, sorry Tony. Found a buyer for the FP-10 and he needed the unit ASAP so I shipped it yesterday. And the OctaMic was delivered like 30 minutes ago. So no comparison.
But I owned both the Fireface 800 and the Presonus for about a year and I didn't hear any noticable difference in the preamps, IF they were connected to the Fireface's A/D unit (that means, I used the FP-10's preamps as preamps only and the conversion was done by the Fireface. When using the FP-10's preamps with their original converter, I liked the Fireface pre's better. There wasn't a day-night difference (as always with preamps for me :lol:) But it was definately clearer and cleaner.
When jumping from the FP-10 to the Fireface, the first and best noticable difference was the better quality of the D/A conversion. The monitors instantly sounded 100 times better. I tested it a few times and the Presonus sounded muffled and muddy in comparison.

Randall RG100ES (Dimebags amp in the 80's for years)

The 80ES was his main amp during the 80's! ;)
CFH and forward where the RG100ES(Except for live where he used the RG100HT.). ;)

Anyways, thats one killer amp.. not too many people know that its actually a George Lynch signature amp! :)

lilhermiejobo: What are your thoughts about Alesis Dm10? What does it feel for a drummer to play through them? What about dynamics?

The first thing I noticed was that the mylar heads are definitely better than kits with rubber pads, but not quite as responsive as kits with mesh heads.
This is due to the construction of each pad having a thin layer of foam directly underneath the skin, a plate with trigger and more foam/padding and then the piezo for the shell/rim hits.

The feel of the pads are similar to acoustic drums (of course depending on how tight or loose the drum skin is) although probably only with about 75% of the responsiveness meaning it is a little more difficult to rebound the sticks.

These are just initial thoughts but I haven't really started to get very in depth with the kit since I've only had it for a week now.

just bought an agile intrepid 8 string off an acquaintance for a great price seeming as i would like to get acquainted with it before i dive in a get a custom oni 8. sounds surprisingly good for a cheap guitar.

-8692206133516020.jpg