Your latest G.A.S. purchases

i just purchased 20 sets of string from snake oil strings, and a nice pair of new humbuckers from Arcane Inc..
plus Native Instruments Komplete 7 Bundle a few days ago...yipeee ;)

Congrats. You just got about 80% of what you need to mix a modern record.

I guess so, and for the current price with the waves discount, and Tony's price above it, I found it was the good moment to switch from SSL duende (since now I'm not worried about CPU usage with my i7). And since I was interested by CLA comps too, and that I have the cash right now...

Got the CLA serial number, still waiting the SSL 4000 one (i bought SSL 24h after CLA). Can't wait to hear the improvement of those compressors.

After installation of waves 7, first VST scan did crash Reaper. I was afraid, it usually never does... and a reboot fixed everything. Hope it stays that stable.

It seems kinda funny to use hella expensive Waves plugins with a free daw. :lol: I can't knock it, just seems ironic, that's all.
Keep us updated and let us know if it stays stable. I too use Reaper, and have been interested in ponying up and getting some waves plugins, but that was always my concern too just how compatible and smooth it runs.

It is not. It's damn cheap, but not free.

I don't know why it shouldn't be stable, it's a VST after all, the only thing is that it's not officially supported by Waves.

I just use Reaper cause it's all I need it to be. If there is any problem I'll tell you :) I'm currently authorizing the SSL 4k.

mysetup.jpg

Hellrasier. Awww yeah. Setup is complete for now.

I just ordered Karma Audio K-SB7 K-Micro 7 pcs Silver Bullet Pack, they were out of stock so I will recieve them in Oct/Nov. But anyway; 7 mics for $105 with shipping and tax? Not bad. I'll let you know how they sound when they arrive.

p-16134.jpg

d-16134.jpg

Alright, the mics arrived; We tested them out quickly and the consensus was:

- They are condenser mics and require phantom power
- about small pinky/micropenis sized, so _very_ easy to place almost anywhere
- On clean guitar at reasonable volumes the sound was pretty much what came out at the amp, on distorted guitars it was a bit boomy and fizzy compared to SM7b
- I will try to test them out on other applications on Thursday at school if it's okay with the teacher.
- Doesn't replace SM57 on guitar amps or U87 on vocals, or C414 as the desert island mic etc, but you have to consider them as just another tool in the tool box.
- Worth the fact that you get 7 of them with the $15 price tag on each? Definitely
- Doesn't give sexual satisfaction because of the small size, rather use dildo, anal plug, thumb or other similar device for that

I've been hooked on rescuing cheap, used guitars and working on repairing them. This weekend I found a well-used Epiphone Les Paul Studio (Korea-built from '98, according to the serial#) at a local shop for $125... It had a crazy bow in the neck (banana-like), but after I took it home and cleaned it and adjusted the truss rod I couldn't believe how great it sounded for such a cheap used guitar. I've been playing it for three days and it amazingly stays in tune. Great score, it's a keeper!

Also scored some used Duncan pickups for half the reg. price. (SH-4 and SH-2N) They're in near perfect shape, and I'll be dropping them in a home build project I just started...