Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Really digging the phone so far. Alphatrack's kinda meh.

Alphatrack-Desire.JPG

How's that Phat Cat in the bridge? I've been interested in trying one out, but I'm afraid of it being too low output.

Well, I did a shoot out between this guitar and my Carvin CS6M with metal covered pups, both only the bridge pup activated through a Marshall TSL100. The Gibson sounded a bit darker, but no (noticable) difference in gain. I like the more open sound of it compared to the original PAF in the neck position (which sounded really compressed). The previous owner gave the original bridge PAF with the guitar, so I could swap them if I wanted to, but for now, I probably won't.

^ Have you guys worked out how to switch channels without needing to scroll one by one on the unit? I can't seem to get that white bar in Cubase to move when I click with the mouse. It's the most irritating thing ever!

Mine does switch the channel, but it shows the wrong track name. Also, my fader doesn't work. It follows my mouse movements and automation curves all right, but I cannot get it to control my faders or draw automation expect randomly. And even then, it only works seconds at a time and feels like I'm fighting the motorization... I've been fighting with it for 5 hours and I feel like giving up already :erk:

Actually, got the track name to display correctly by trashing Logic's control surface prefs. The fader also completely randomly worked properly for a minute, twice? Weird.

The population here aren't going to give a shit, but i just got a load of sample packs from primeloops.com

they have a 50% off sale on at the moment which is pretty sweet.

If anyone is interested in tooling-up for doing some electronic music I'd suggest heading over there and grabbing some of the drum packs.