Your latest G.A.S. purchases

mxr0.jpg

Gonna try some reamping through this thing on Monday. Hoping to get some good grind going.

are you pleased with the stiletto!?
i had mine for about two years now but somehow i could never get anything good sounding out of it. i'm using daddario pro steels (55-110) for drop C, the notes are flubby and undefined...it's my playing technique right!?

cheers
S.

im not a bassist and i know basically nothing about bass.
i just bought it because i got a good price on it, and it's specs looked alright.

however, i have been getting some good tones out of it, even with the stock strings ,whatever they are..

and yes, it is sexy :loco:

edit: 666th post!:headbang:

2 words of advice for that desk

1. LOWER YOUR CHAIR so your arms sit flush from your arm rests to the desktop
2. ANGLE YOUR MONITORS DOWN!

A lot of people complain about neck problems with this desk. I am not having any issues after making the 2 above small adjustments.

2 words of advice for that desk

1. LOWER YOUR CHAIR so your arms sit flush from your arm rests to the desktop
2. ANGLE YOUR MONITORS DOWN!

A lot of people complain about neck problems with this desk. I am not having any issues after making the 2 above small adjustments.

Yeah I found that out last night just how high that top part is after putting it together. :lol: So I already angled my monitor down.

Since I won't have anything to put in those racks at the moment, I'm thinking about making some smaller middle sections (those 3 walls with the rack mounts) that are shorter to bring it down, and then once I get some cool rack gear, switching back to the ones that came with it. Idk... just a thought.

Are these karma mics any good? Seems like people around here are snatching them up?

Those bullet mics are super cheap at like $30 a pair :confused:

Reason i'm asking is because im looking for some cheap spot mics to use on drums (ride bell, effect cymbals, ect) and if those Karma mics are better quality than say those CAD mini condensers that cost more, it may be something i might be interested in

Are these karma mics any good? Seems like people around here are snatching them up?

Those bullet mics are super cheap at like $30 a pair :confused:

Reason i'm asking is because im looking for some cheap spot mics to use on drums (ride bell, effect cymbals, ect) and if those Karma mics are better quality than say those CAD mini condensers that cost more, it may be something i might be interested in

here's a review ahjteam made of them:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/equipment/644893-karma-mics-k-micro-review-pics-clips.html

Also some clips, sound really good for the price!

touchosc-screens-02.jpg

I wish I'd known about this before I got the Alphatrack... Oh well. If I had an iPad, this'd be even more awesome.

Bumping myself here. Seriously, anyone who's got an iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android phone, get this now. It's so awesome. Works with Logic straight off the bat, and with osculator, you'll get it working with other DAW's as well. I'm actually probably selling my Alphatrack now that I've got this and getting something else instead :lol:

kink: I've got most of what I think I need based on a few websites, and one that specifically said it was for Cubase, but I cannot wrap my head around setting that app up to control Cubase. The farthest I have gotten was getting Cubase to recognize it as a Generic Controller (Remote) and gotten a few faders to move, but other than that I can't figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do to make the rest work. :( There is one layout that is really cool titled "LogicTouch", I assume is for Logic, but the setup is perfect for what I'd want... just can't figure out how to modify any of the code, etc. It's like looking at Chinese to me. I want to get it to work though, more than just be able to move the faders :lol:, as I bought the TouchOSC app and the damn thing was $5 haha.

kink: I've got most of what I think I need based on a few websites, and one that specifically said it was for Cubase, but I cannot wrap my head around setting that app up to control Cubase. The farthest I have gotten was getting Cubase to recognize it as a Generic Controller (Remote) and gotten a few faders to move, but other than that I can't figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do to make the rest work. :( There is one layout that is really cool titled "LogicTouch", I assume is for Logic, but the setup is perfect for what I'd want... just can't figure out how to modify any of the code, etc. It's like looking at Chinese to me. I want to get it to work though, more than just be able to move the faders :lol:, as I bought the TouchOSC app and the damn thing was $5 haha.

Yeah, LogicTouch is specifically made for Logic. Setting up the app for Logic was simple as hell, you just turn on Logic, turn on TouchOSC, connect to your laptop over WIFI and bang, Logic recognizes it automatically and all you have to do is press OK. My friend did setup his to work with Ableton Live 8 though using Osculator, and he got it to work pretty quickly too, so it shouldn't be too hard to do after you get how it works. I imagine it's like, well, setting up a generic controller, just that you're using Osculator to translate the OSC messages to MIDI. And Ableton's probably the easiest software ever to configure stuff like that.

This is how it works with Logic:

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the end of the summer:
LTD SC-607B with Lundgren M7 and Seymour Duncan SH-2 (with coil-split), Ibanez BTB1305E
DSC01026.JPG

M-Audio KeyRig 49
DSC01028.JPG

Behringer BCF2000, Korg NanoPad
DSC01029.JPG

Countryman Type 10 DI
DSC01030.JPG

Slate Digital Trigger
trigger_1.jpg

Slate Digital FG-X
fgx_1.jpg

Waves CLA Classic Compressors
237404.jpg

Waves C6
c6_medium.jpg

Sickan, what about the Nanopad ? It seems like being very cheaply built and lot of people told me it died after a few months, can you give any feedback ?