Your latest G.A.S. purchases

It's a Lace Alumitone Deathbucker. I've only found a couple good reviews of it, but it's intrigued me since I saw it.

Some more info on the lace pickups: http://music-electronics-forum.com/t5291/

That and the Q-tuner:
gl.jpg

What kinda pickups are those?

Nice router, planning on building some speaker cabs?

That's the plan. Gonna start with an Engl Pro 2x12 and Thiele clone since combined it can be done with a single piece of 4x8 ply.

Awesome lens Ermin...and very very cheap.
It was my first lens and it's fantastic.

Awesome! That's what I was hoping for when getting it. I know Sigma have a better 50mm lens, but it's about 3 times the price of this one, and I'm too n00b to appreciate the difference.

@Sickan: Yeah, mostly got the HD650s so I can use the ATH-M50s as tracking cans for whoever comes through doing vocals. Most of the studios I freelance at have really shitty cans (yet awesome outboard?).

Awesome! That's what I was hoping for when getting it. I know Sigma have a better 50mm lens, but it's about 3 times the price of this one, and I'm too n00b to appreciate the difference.

The 50mm is probably one of the best Canon lenses, also if it's not in the "red line" serie (but it should be).

I bought my girlfriend one of those 50mm Canon lenses, she says it's one of her favourites.

Just got myself one of these

rock.jpg

Bought myself some packs of these strings :

x02_339131.jpg

I've used Elixir strings in the past, and the Nanowebs are pretty good, but I have to say the EXPs are my favorite coated strings now. They just feel better and sound better than the Nanowebs.
Very little options as far as gauges though. 10-52 and 11-49 is the biggest sizes the EXPs come in, so you can probably go down to D standard at most, maybe C# standard with the 11-49 set.
For those who play in E and Eb (I play in E standard, but I have the low B string, but I buy that separately), I reckon these strings would make a good choice.
Maybe some may still prefer the regular Nickel Round Wound for recording for that tiny bit of extra brightness, but if you're on a stretch of no recording, or want strings for other guitars, these are some fantastic strings to jump on since they save you money in the long run.

finally found the footswitch and proper DIN cable to actually put this thing through it's paces on bass and all sorts of goodness. can't wait!!!!

PRO07210_1.jpg

oh, and the thing is DEAD mint, NOS.... =D

finally found the footswitch and proper DIN cable to actually put this thing through it's paces on bass and all sorts of goodness. can't wait!!!!

PRO07210_1.jpg

oh, and the thing is DEAD mint, NOS.... =D

Wow a Rack-Rat? Never heard of this unit before. Looks awesome! How much did you pay for it?

Wow a Rack-Rat? Never heard of this unit before. Looks awesome! How much did you pay for it?

actually we found it at work just collecting dust! (we work at an independent music store that's been open 30+ years so you can imagine their are a lot of cool pieces hiding around waiting to be found)....

They only made them for THREE years! '84-'87. All it is is two of the exact RAT circuit taken from the pedal of the era, and made to fit a 1U rack unit. They're actually quite rare and getting th footswitch along with it is even rarer (as without the footswitch, there is no way of engaging or disengaging either of the RATs....aside from DIY'ing a footswitch...)

I can't wait to test it, I'll be sure to post clips! Never messed with a vintage RAT before.

Myself and my fellow guit-fiddler bought each other NI expansion instruments for each other so we can sprinkle evil onto our music. :D

ni_paranormalspectrums.jpg

NI_The_Mouth-e1290452125491.jpg

native_instruments_absynth_twilights.jpg