Your latest G.A.S. purchases

New one.
Quad-core with 3,2 GHz
12 GB Ram
3x1 TB HD

should be at my place in the next week
Congrats, dude!
I went the cheaper route with the 2,8 Quadcore and I already hate myself for it :lol:
Otherwise same specs, it's a fucking beast. I just hate the feeling, I got the cheapest model of a line, even if it's not cheap at all in this case.

this one:
focusrite%20saffire%2024%20PRO%20DSP.jpg

very cool, but the instrument-inputs have to much gain and no pad-switch. inputs start to clip when playing heavy chords (passive pu`s). but i`m in contact with the technical-support for lowering the gain of the input-amplifier...
Let me know what they say about this. I am using it at 0.5 for my guitar with active pickups

Congrats, dude!
I went the cheaper route with the 2,8 Quadcore and I already hate myself for it :lol:
Otherwise same specs, it's a fucking beast. I just hate the feeling, I got the cheapest model of a line, even if it's not cheap at all in this case.

At first I was thinking about buying the 2,8GHz modell.
Then I was thinking about a used 8-core modell of 2009.

After reading a lot of benchmarks and beeing a gearslutz NERD I went with the 3,2GHz.
The benchmarks showed that the 3,2quad is faster then the 2009 8-cores.

Good thing is. As far as I know you can buy the faster CPU in a year or 2 for small money because the socel is "standard"

There is even a apple-pimp shop over in the USA which can fit a 12-core on the 2010 quadcore socel.

I realy cant wait to mix the last project on the new beast!!!!
My macbook pro is going overboard CPU-wise with only flex-timing the drums :/

Well my last GAS pucharse come from few months ago but... I bought this!
apple-imac-27-inch_large.jpg

i7 2.8Ghz
1TB HD
4GB ram 1066mhz
(20 days later they released the new model… but at least i bought mine on a media markt offer, the discounted me national taxes… so the iMac 18% cheaper!!!)

and 2 weeks ago another gass pucharse… …
updated ram to 12GB

OH god i can add more GAS! :rofl:
I bought that amazing f*cking great shit!
HTC-Desire-HD-2.jpg

These just arrived from Australia. Just waiting for some components so I can get stuck in about populating the boards! I am excite!

CIMG5925.jpg

CIMG5928.jpg

Cheers Ermin, looking forward to getting stuck in. I'll likely put up a build report etc once some interesting stuff has happened :)

He ships stuff all over the place. Seemed like a friendly chap.

If this one goes well, I might purchase one of his Rev A boards next.

tried hard to resist, but at 400$ it seemed worth it for the pickup, OFR and Grovers alone....

647447.jpg

Well my last GAS pucharse come from few months ago but... I bought this!
apple-imac-27-inch_large.jpg

i7 2.8Ghz
1TB HD
4GB ram 1066mhz
(20 days later they released the new model… but at least i bought mine on a media markt offer, the discounted me national taxes… so the iMac 18% cheaper!!!)

and 2 weeks ago another gass pucharse… …
updated ram to 12GB

OH god i can add more GAS! :rofl:
I bought that amazing f*cking great shit!
HTC-Desire-HD-2.jpg

I know that phone is great, but DUUUUUDE you broke the apple code.
Now Steve will hunt you "nightmare on elmstreet" style:Shedevil:

Well, since my Fireface 400 is still non-functional and awaiting word from the RME representative, I really need something better than my integrated AC97 sound :lol: So after a little bit of research, I ordered one of these:

ESI Dr DAC nano
246799.jpg

Basically a bare minimum USB DAC. It only has two jacks: USB connector and a 3.5 mm stereo out (with digital adapter) :lol: But at least it will rid me of this HORRIBLE digital screeching of the AC97 whenever CPU usage is above about 50 % :puke: