Your latest G.A.S. purchases

OH GOD I'M SO BROKE NOW!!!
com_bNT107577.jpg

ricki650dakota_m.jpg

yeah mmmmh splawn, but I only like Ricky basses so... I have to admit I reaaaaaaaaaly dislike that guitar ;)

Do you mean you don't like how it sounds? I've never tried it, they are extremely rare around here since there's no official dealers. I've got pretty good deal on it, so I guess I can always sell it for the same price I've bought it.

Do you mean you don't like how it sounds? I've never tried it, they are extremely rare around here since there's no official dealers. I've got pretty good deal on it, so I guess I can always sell it for the same price I've bought it.

What's important is how it sounds and feels to YOU. Who cares what everyone else thinks. Everyone has their own bias on what guitar(s) they favor. If you get the guitar and it sounds and plays like shit, then yeah sell it... but if you dig it, then keep it. :)

Just got a new tube set for my 2-ch Dual Rec. =c= quad, and the preamp cocktail doug has on his site (V1=Tungsol, V2=High Gain JJ, V3 & V4=Penta, V5=Sovtek). So far, really digging it :kickass:

Rev500.gif

Yamaha Rev500. Cheap/used at Music Go Round.

Sounds NICE!

Please and THANK YOU!
-Pfhuck

I bought one a year ago for something like $130 in mint condition. Its pretty good but I'm not all that blown away with Yammy's reverb algos (I tend to prefer T.C.). Its still a rather usable unit (would be even better if you could use its modulation/delay without the verb, but oh well).

dsc00218e.jpg

amp%20marshall-avt10.jpg

fuck i love those avt's. so stoked. gonna have some recordings of some NEW MATERIAL i have been working on very very soon ;)

dsc00218e.jpg

amp%20marshall-avt10.jpg

fuck i love those avt's. so stoked. gonna have some recordings of some NEW MATERIAL i have been working on very very soon ;)

Pretty much the exact rig I had about 5 years ago. Must say I have very little love for the AVT's these days, still think the Epi Lp's rock though. Recently had a band track an Ep with mine after trying a few guitars and then mine. Still has the stock p/ups in it too. Just sounded great with the jcm800, tubescreamer and V30's.

Recently got some new preamps tubes and a little big muff pedal myself, nothing major but should have some new hardware compressors coming soon!

Yeah. I had a 5150 mkII, sold it when I fell out of love with guitar playing. Recently fallen back in love with playing guitar, but sans amp (har har)
going for something way more unconventional tonally nowadays, always had a soft spot for the AVT's. My old band's guitar rig was pretty much exclusively an AVT 150.