Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Darkglass B7K :yow:

Flyer-Real.png

I'm pretty surprised that these are apparently getting quite popular? Some friends have his pedals since they know him personally, and we actually used one (a distortion of some sort with a blend pot) on a recording I'm mixing now too. I didn't even know about them back when we recorded it and now these pedals are popping up everywhere, saw Periphery using one in their studio updates too. Weird.

I'm pretty surprised that these are apparently getting quite popular? Some friends have his pedals since they know him personally, and we actually used one (a distortion of some sort with a blend pot) on a recording I'm mixing now too. I didn't even know about them back when we recorded it and now these pedals are popping up everywhere, saw Periphery using one in their studio updates too. Weird.

Yeah promo's/demo's are starting to circle around the net and the sound of them speaks for itself! Can't wait until it arrives...from all the clips it sounds like nothing else.

I built me a little portable mixing rig:

15" mac pro with quad i7 2.2ghz
small_MacBook-Pro-overview-shot-from-apple.jpg

this furman:
M-8Dx.jpg

lynx aurora 16 with the FW card
1600-Aurora16_Front.jpg

Summing mixer!:
folcrom1.jpg

A pair of mic pres for the summing mixer:
DV019_Jpg_Regular_187895_face.jpg

lil monitoring and room correction device:
KRK_ergo.jpg

A pair of small monitors...i hope they sound good, they arrive sometime next week
D5-2T.jpg

eventhough expensive, my macbook is the best investment i have ever made as well. I wish I went the macbook pro route before my previous Asus, what a piece of crap !

I just went to a home improve store and got some generic casters when I wanted to put some on mine.

Same here, and mine are detacheable too, but I went for the quick-release plate design (as pictured below) rather than the pin design, seems much more durable (hasn't let me down yet!)

20120108_172547.jpg

Unfortunately, however, I have no fucking clue where I bought them :lol: (and I remember neither Home Depot nor Lowe's had the quick-release plates, just the casters themselves)

Good luck gigging with these - the center pin becomes dislodged from the mount and makes rolling them a huge bitch after 2-3 shows, if that. We went through 4 pairs in a week this summer before giving up entirely.

Are you talking about the pop-ins? I've got the screw in and just did two weeks on the road no issues

Good luck gigging with these - the center pin becomes dislodged from the mount and makes rolling them a huge bitch after 2-3 shows, if that. We went through 4 pairs in a week this summer before giving up entirely.

No intentions of gigging with them. Just for use in the home for now. Got incredibly tired of the cabinet shaking the house so I got these for $10 after finishing off a bit of credit at Guitar Center.

Yeah, I mean the pop-ins. Didn't know EB made screw-ins. It's the receptacle on the pop-in that breaks, the center pin becomes loose and allows the wheels to just kind of freely move about on half-spherical axis.

All pop ins I've tried suck ass. Yeah I found them on amazon. 22 if I recall

Yeah, by all accounts avoid pop in castors!! Every can I've dealt with, with them has failed horribly. The exact reason that's been mentioned so far!

Ahhh and here's my recent G.A.S purchases....

Ermz old GSSL Clone (Pre loaded with all that Ermz mojo haha)
Wharfedale Proverb (Got it for $50... I figure why not much around with it)

Photo%209-01-12%2016%2005%2047.jpg

And my nearly complete desk with all my gear sitting around awaiting the rack rails before I can build the rack hutch :)

Photo%209-01-12%2016%2015%2002.jpg