Your latest G.A.S. purchases

royerr121.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Wow, lol super dooper loot. I hate to be negative about peoples purchases, but I also suggest you try a Cascade Fathead II with a Lundhall tranny, do a shootout and see which you like better. You may even save yourself a grand in the end! I was considering a Royer, heard the shootout on Cascade's site and I even liked the Fathead II over the Royer.

^ indeed it is a nice looking box. :) What metal releases can I hear it on to check out what is sounds like? I take it that it is only used as a blend mic with a 57 (421 or such) and not so much as a single mic?

+1, I'd like to hear some clips Oz.

Wow, lol super dooper loot. I hate to be negative about peoples purchases, but I also suggest you try a Cascade Fathead II with a Lundhall tranny, do a shootout and see which you like better. You may even save yourself a grand in the end! I was considering a Royer, heard the shootout on Cascade's site and I even liked the Fathead II over the Royer.

thanks for the advice,
the royer is bad ass pricey, so something less expensive wont be that bad,
there are so many ribbon mics out, i´m still undecided,
there are also some from beyerdynamic, se ecletroncis, AEA...

here on the board was some while ago a little ribbon mic shootout, and from that i really liked the AEA R92 too.

ciao
exoslime

Kick ass man, I actually just got an XXX 2 days ago myself,

And Mike (006) is thinking about picking one up himself :p

I see a growing fad here..

I like it a lot so far. The crunch channel can be pushed to have a little 5150 bite but now it blends in with the recto of the other GTR much better so it doesn't sound like jet and a bulldozer fighting for a parking space.

Just ordered:
focusrite_Saffire_PRO_40_main.jpg

Prolly get it next week, Hope its any good!

I have one since a month or so, but due to lack of experience with other units i'm quite unable to say if it's good or bad.

It just works. Be warned that if you use vista or win7 you have to change the firewire drivers in your system to legacy ones or the device will not work (at least i had that problem)