Your latest G.A.S. purchases

preview.jpg"

So, eh, I had to satisfy an itch. I paid £165 all in all for this badboy, the writeups for these cheapo "Dark Knight" guitars are pretty good, so I'm taking a chance on this one. Its made out of Ash I believe, so hopefully it wont be totally shit.

At worst if it does turn out to be a piece of pish I will leave it at my mates for drunken jams where I can spill beer on the thing at my hearts content.

At best it'll be a fairly decent seven string.

I'll do pics/review when I get it. My only current complaint is the headstock is a minor bit fugly.

Just ordered the Metal Foundry SDX, I is very excite! They give you a little download teaser thingy to dick with until the full set arrives, going to fuck with that tomorrow. :Smokedev:

Just ordered a desktop PC for the studio finally, will be nice to stop relying on my laptop!

ZEROtherm / CF800 / Socket 775 / Copper Base / Heatpipes / CPU Cooler (M333-3004)

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 Processor HH80562PH0678MK - 2.66GHz, 8MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB, Kentsfield, Quad-Core, OEM, Socket 775, Processor (CP2-DUO-Q6700)

XFX GeForce 9600 GSO Video Card - 768MB DDR2, PCI Express 2.0, Dual Link DVI, SLI Ready (P450-9616)

CoolerMaster CM690 Nvidia Ed. ATX Case SLI Ready (C283-1189)

DiabloTek PHD550 550-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA Ready, PCIe Ready, 20+4 Pin (D15-1202)

OCZ Platinum XTC 4GB Dual Channel PC6400 Memory - DDR2-800MHz, Enhanced Bandwidth, 4096MB (2 x 2048MB) (O261-7522)

XFX nForce 750i SLI Extreme Motherboard - NVIDIA nForce 750i, 45nm Support, Socket 775, ATX, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, USB 2.0, Firewire, Serial ATA, RAID (P450-9124)

2 x Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS Hard Drive - 1TB, 32MB, SATA-300, OEM (TSD-1000EADS)

Samsung SH-S223B/BSBE 22X DVDRW Drive SATA OEM (S203-8530)

Nothing too special really but $1200 all said and done and should serve me well!

don't want to poop on your new pc but...the Green series drives run at less than 7200 RPM and 1066MHz RAM would have been better. but yeah, should be at least 3x better than any laptop.

Congrats on all the new gear! your Credit Card company must love you.

I really hope you weren't planning on watching a lot of videos on that computer, seeing as how the nforce 7xx series have bad problems with artifacting and locking up - which nvidia basically hasn't fixed or even acknowledged afaik. I searched long and hard for a motherboard in my price range when I was putting together my new PC and ended up going with a board with the intel x48 chipset instead, due to the aforementioned issue with the nforce boards. the nforce board was like $50 cheaper but I figured, why be cheap and end up getting a shitty chipset?

and you probably should have gotten a better PSU too. 550w might not be able to handle all that's pumping through that system, especially the 9600. my OCZ 700w cost me like $120 but I knew I'd have a lot of power going through my system and the PSU is the first thing that can cause issues. in fact, don't nvidia recommend having like a 500w PSU in general for the new cards?

don't get me wrong, it's a good purchase and definitely leaps and bounds better than a laptop - especially an older one. but at the same time, for $1200, you probably could have made better selections. I bought a Q8200 w/ 4GB of Corsair, a Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 board, a GTX260, an OCZ 700W PSU and a Zalman heatsink for $780 USD shipped. the only reason why I didn't get new drives is because I'd need to get at least a 1TB drive just to replace my 4 PATA drives, not to mention another smaller drive for OS/applications. I had the case from my old PC so that was fine.