Your latest G.A.S. purchases

tricks > axis

I've been in the middle of a session and the axis board comes apart from the baseplate. over and over.

The alestorm drummer is a trick endoRsee and also plays the axis.
He sais he loves the trick, but for ultra fast stuff he prefers the axis.
He also said he doesn't like the axis on tour that much cause it's a bit annoying to set them up.
When we tracked the last record we actually recorded a little shoot out between the different pedals and beaters.
The fastest combination was the axis pedal with the trick beater, but the trick beater sounds very clicky and a little thin in the low end compared to a beater with more mass.
The sonic difference between beaters (although they were from the same material) was quite significant.
I think we ended up using axis pedals with some higher mass plastic beaters

More like an over the course of a few months GAS purchase, but just finished putting this guy together. Freakin' psyched. :D

20.JPG

That's kickass

Did an order yesterday that I'd been saving for. Got a few new toys

AMT-S1-2T.jpg

smproaudiom-patch2passivevolumecontrol.switchbox.jpg

ADA8000_P0187_Perspective_XXL.jpg

129418.jpg

130531.jpg

Two small stands

Also got a load of different cables, a loom with 8 trs cables, mic clips, adapters, a pedal power supply, strings, a tray for the rack and 80 screws for the rack.

Also got a pair of martin audio bins, a pair of tops, a 24/6 multicore and an 8u rack for 50€ They called me up and said they found the crossover and I can have that too!

lg_prodi.jpg

Just ordered one of these...

I hope it's not THAT big of a downgrade from my Countryman Type 85 (which started making weird scratchy noises, rendering it pretty much useless :(). I hope that the fact that I'm using active pickups makes the difference a bit less apparent.

just bought this one . tired of programing bass.
i am a guitarist and it time to learn a new instrument :)

16h9so5.jpg

lg_prodi.jpg

Just ordered one of these...

I hope it's not THAT big of a downgrade from my Countryman Type 85 (which started making weird scratchy noises, rendering it pretty much useless :(). I hope that the fact that I'm using active pickups makes the difference a bit less apparent.

I have a few of those in a rack. They are true to the DI signal and represent it perfectly. The J48 is a great active DI. That and they are built like tanks. If you ever need to fix something around the house and you can't find a hammer....just use a Radial DI box.

FYI - Amazon is having an amazing sale going on for Toontrack SDX expansions (normally $179, now only $79!!!) I just scored Metal Foundry for $80! :)

51smAOSi6iL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

prormp-34-dds-540-ef534da0578d8f9ac4398075527d2a8a.jpg

yeahhhhhhh much easier to use real amp tones now!

and

f967146b-2dac-4ca6-8d9f-9f84011f3abd_800x549.jpg

a new throwoff for the snare two posts above. the one it came with is lame, and the latest DW magthrow is REALLY COOL.

IMAG0126.jpg

just bought one of these...again

sold my previous one to get a 6505+, and have missed it ever since - have a "deathcore" or whatever you wanna call it type of band coming in next week, and the 2 should make for a great blend of tones!

I have a few of those in a rack. They are true to the DI signal and represent it perfectly. The J48 is a great active DI. That and they are built like tanks. If you ever need to fix something around the house and you can't find a hammer....just use a Radial DI box.
I hope so!

I was told the Countryman Type 85 would be solid as a brick but now I don't know WTF happened to it that it's noisy as hell! I'm sure I must've gotten a lemon, but I hope the same doesn't happen to the Radial.