Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Yeah, it's the TonePump. It was fine when I thought the knob all the way back meant 'zero', as apparently it's 'boost only', but turns out it does actually cut by about 3dB at that position so the bass just sounds really bad that way.

How do the Aguilar preamps stack up to the EMG BQC or the Glockenklang stuff?

I'm curious whether any of them can be wired up for the pickups' dual coil function to still work or whether I'll be forced back to 40DCs either way.

I haven't owned a glock but the aggie obp-3 is more nuetral when set flat than the EMG. I think the EMG adds a little scoop even when on the detent. Both are pretty agressive but I find the aggie to be less brittle and more musical when you boost. All of that said, I've only used the aggie with passives and not EMGs so they may respond quite differently.
Honestly though either will sound good and IMHO both sound better than the tone pump. I should disclosed that I endorse aguilar.
On an aside, I would love to see stepped bass pots. I know some guys fuss with their eq endlessly live, but I want it set, locked and repeatable.

Hope you're right...

Old processors and no Thunderbolt... They HAVE to! The iMac I bought must be faster than even the basic 8-core machines!

More GAS... just upgraded

cw_700x700_ProTools10Software.jpg

And

tn1_46729.jpg

So much installing and updating to do now

Bees Neez Arabella Tube Mic
BeesNeezSally_01.jpg

R-121 (won't be here till end of july though)
R-121inbox_LG.jpg

BAE 1073 Preamp
bae-audio-1073-mpf-(single)-digitalaudioservice-31.jpg

Digidesign 192 (that means the RME has to go)
192enlarge_11519.jpg

I think I just spent 5500€...my Knees are fucking shaking...need a drink

Decided to finally upgrade.. it's a shame Avid didn't react to thousands of angry and disappointed customers who recently bought the non working PT9, but as it is PT9 is completely useless to me because I can't switch off software monitoring and thus can't use it properly with the Fireface UFX. Thanks Avid, for making me pay $300 for simple "off" switch that exists in every other DAW on this planet since decades. :yuk:
If ProTools 11 comes around anytime soon I am pretty positive I'll hit their CEO with a sledge hammer in the face... 11 times.
AVD%20PT10UGPT9.jpg