Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Not sure what you didn't like about the necks on the old(er) Schecters you played, but these are both from 2007 and the necks are about as close to perfect as I'd want, very similar if not the same shape as the ESP LTD's (EC400 and H1001) I've owned

I saw that pic of your monstrous hands dude, so we're in the same boat there haha - thus I think you'll really like the wider fretboard; honestly, it makes power chords on the lower strings quite a bit more comfortable because my fingers can be extended a little further out, I really dig it

EDIT: Also wanna add that the 26.5" scale of virtually all Schecter 7's is pretty awesome for the low B (and a 9 on the high E makes it manageable), and thus they'd be my strongest recommendation

Those hands were not mine but Petrucci's :lol: but yeah I have big hands, maybe slightly bigger than on the picture.
I also like the fact that strings are in a "normal" gauge. For the moment my new ESP is still in standard because I wanted to play around with it like this, and I rediscovered the pleasure of playing a normal gauge again.

On the Equator d5 note, I just received them, and just plugged them, and I have to say I get what people say about the stereo imaging. Right now I'm hearing the bass in fucking front of me, not in an undiscernable part of my room. The voice, the snare, the bass, are in FRONT of me, say a meter in front of my now, and not just inside my head. I'm not 100% thrilled about the overall sound but they sound pretty damn good already, but apparently they need a little bit of burning first so we'll see. Unfortunately I have to go to work soon but tomorrow I'll have the time to setup everything properly. They give decent bass for their size, I have set them up with the least bass possible because I don't wanna bother the neighbours while I'm having them burn a little bit this week.

Not sure what you didn't like about the necks on the old(er) Schecters you played, but these are both from 2007 and the necks are about as close to perfect as I'd want, very similar if not the same shape as the ESP LTD's (EC400 and H1001) I've owned

I saw that pic of your monstrous hands dude, so we're in the same boat there haha - thus I think you'll really like the wider fretboard; honestly, it makes power chords on the lower strings quite a bit more comfortable because my fingers can be extended a little further out, I really dig it

EDIT: Also wanna add that the 26.5" scale of virtually all Schecter 7's is pretty awesome for the low B (and a 9 on the high E makes it manageable), and thus they'd be my strongest recommendation

The necks on the Schecters I've played felt like baseball bats, not a fan of ESP necks either, the "U" shape is really uncomfortable, both the extra thin and regular suck equally.

The necks on the Schecters I've played felt like baseball bats, not a fan of ESP necks either, the "U" shape is really uncomfortable, both the extra thin and regular suck equally.

i've tried the schecter diamond hellraiser, the new blackjack and the jeff loomis, all 7 strings, IMO jeff loomis had the flatest neck, my hand was moving so easily i was nearly struggling not to make it slide too much :D

Just pre ordered the new iMac:headbang:
27" screen
quad-core Intel Core i7 processor
32GB ram
1TB Fusion Drive
specs_display_27inch_imac.jpg

I just got this.. OH SO THANKFUL! I don't feel like my chair is fucking me in the spinal cord now! Amazing.. 10 year warranty to top it off.. I don't want to get out of this thing.. I call her, Linda! ;)
6a0120a85dcdae970b012877704edd970c-pi

^ i personally like how the Hellraisers look :D

almost bought one actually, but ended up with a Blackjack. Both Hellraisers and Blackjacks are imo great guitars, i love Schecter.

I like it too, funnily I've just been recorded a band last week where the guitar player had a lefty Hellraiser too (same finish, but 6 strings only). Gorgeous, frustrating not being able to try it :) The other guy had an ESP Ninja, lefty as well... Damn!

Holy fuck Jesse, that's gorgeous, I've always loved the shape of Mayones guitars - do they have a US distributor? (and I guess they're becoming more popular than I had perhaps realized, judging by your Kool-Aid comment)

Holy fuck Jesse, that's gorgeous, I've always loved the shape of Mayones guitars - do they have a US distributor? (and I guess they're becoming more popular than I had perhaps realized, judging by your Kool-Aid comment)

Haha, thanks man! I'm stoked to get it (hopefully by this weekend if I'm lucky!)

Yes, they have a few US distributors.... Rock Box is the main one (http://www.rockbox.com/)
But they have a few others that work in conjunction with RockBox:
Guitar Addict (888-977-9998)
Sticks And Strings (520-296-3479)
Xtreme Lefty Guitars (772-215-0028)

I've heard nothing but positive reviews from those that have actually played them. The ONLY negative press I've heard about them is "too expensive", but that's from kids who can't afford them, nor tried them. Everyone else that's actually played them say they are fantastic and well worth the money. If you're ordering a custom from their custom shop, then they can get ridiculously pricey, but if you order one of their pre-built stock "customs", the price is really low, all things considering.

Once I get her I'll take some more pics and report on the tone and playability. :)