Your latest G.A.S. purchases

D5-2T.jpg

Roland XV5050 synth module. Got it for 220 on ebay!

top_L.jpg

Also Pod Farm 2.5 with the metal pack and a new soundcard for my computer. Also planning on buying an expansion board for my xv5050. Thinking of eventually buying NI Komplete.

I always regretted getting rid of it, so I bought a new one:
57486_l.jpg

Sounds fantastic, and even more different from my OD808 than I remembered.

... aaaaand, finally, a good old (new/floor model) 6505, which I got a killer deal on! Despite having owned loads of amps I have actually never owned a Peavey. :loco:
50815_l.jpg

Wanted a couple of bass distortion options for an album I am working on.
After some research the new Zoom ms-60b seemed good.
I will try it out today and post int he backline forum if I have time.

Last edited by a moderator:
More bass stuff.
Got a USA Jackson JJ bass.
It is basically a Jackson Stingray with a medium scale neck (32")
With this and my American standard P Bass I am pretty much sorted for basses now. I also have a Warwick Rockbass corvette that I'm going to sell now.
BTW the Zoom ms-60b I got yesterday is fantastic. The sansamp sim is perfect.
I used it for tracking guitars today, putting it in the loop of my 6505 for gate and 2 band parametric eq pulling a bit of 140 and 3.5k. Sounded great.
Highly recommend it.
Screen%20Shot%202013-09-05%20at%2022.05.10.png

I still think it's sad that they didn't release a 35" version of that bass with a better bridge.
Not a fan of the looks, but I am really sure that it would be an awesome bass for everything
that needs some grind.

I still think it's sad that they didn't release a 35" version of that bass with a better bridge.
Not a fan of the looks, but I am really sure that it would be an awesome bass for everything
that needs some grind.

Sounds really grindy ok.
The shorter scale doesn't affect the amount of low end.
I have put really heavy strings on it and it is tuned to drop c for an album I am working on and it's great.
I am going to change the bridge for sure. I think it originally came with a hipshot type B so it has been changed along the way for reason by the looks of it.
Apparently it's extremely rare in black. Most of them have a holo flame finish.
May be custom.
I think it looks great.
Like a bass version of my ESP MI. Understated and functional.

Finally! NEEEWWW STUUUUFFFF

- 14" Zildjian K/Z Hihat. K Hihat on Top and a Z Dyno Beat on the bottom, the thing sounds awesome!
- Rode M3 SDC Microphone. Just tested it out a bit and so far i'm really liking this microphone! Sounds way more expensive then it costs

Made a little clip me noodling on the Ac GTR with that mic (very quickly positioned) so you can be the judge :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/419882/AcGTR%20RodeM3.mp3

And offcourse a couple of stands and cables

Traded a Tech 21 Blonde pedal for a 80's Tama Swingstar kit.
Same one as this in black:

photo_6882289_grande.jpg

Mahogany shells so probably not too good for metal but still a cool trade.