Your latest G.A.S. purchases

I got it done by Fren Asken at http://askenguitars.com/ - he installed Devin Townsend's two Evertunes so I figured I'd give him a shot, he's probably the best guitar tech in LA it turns out.

It feels identical and sounds like god. I don't notice much of a difference at all in tonality before/after (didn't do any clips, woops), and everything being in tune just makes the guitar seriously sing.

Schwingggggg

1926942_10152350176993525_2479982073161871639_n.jpg

Mind sharing some DIs of your km?

how good is the 1w version (DSL-1H)?

I personally think it's a great little amp...pretty loud for 1w, but very overpriced for what it is...I only paid about $100 more for the 100w DSL, & it totally smokes the 1w...

But, combined with my home-made ISO cab, some different speaker choices, & careful mic placement, I get very useable tones from the DSL-1H...

It sounds good with all 3 speakers I have: Greenback, V30, & T75...

The Green channel is pretty clean, but if you dime the gain & volume, it'll break up a little...

The Red channel is like OD2 on the bigger DSL's, IMO, it's got too much gain, anything past "5" on the knob is just too much, & it gets un-defined & fizzy on it's own...Using a boost pedal tightens it up though...

Again, it's a good little amp, but very expensive for what it is...I wish now I'd just bit the bullet & bought the DSL100 to begin with, but, I do have a low-volume practice amp and an almost silent (using the 0.1w mode it is silent, but the 1w mode sounds better to me, & the low-end still comes through the ISO cab...) recording amp combined with my ISO cab....

I got it done by Fren Asken at http://askenguitars.com/ - he installed Devin Townsend's two Evertunes so I figured I'd give him a shot, he's probably the best guitar tech in LA it turns out.

It feels identical and sounds like god. I don't notice much of a difference at all in tonality before/after (didn't do any clips, woops), and everything being in tune just makes the guitar seriously sing.

Herbert from EverTune here. It's great to know you that you're happy with the bridge! As far as I know Fren does most if not all of the installations for our endorsers. Too bad you didn't do any before or after clips. Mind if we share your pic on our Facebook page?

Mind sharing some DIs of your km?

Sure, why not. I'll use this as an excuse to cover Fever Dream, consider this Rose of Sharyn pt2.

Herbert from EverTune here. It's great to know you that you're happy with the bridge! As far as I know Fren does most if not all of the installations for our endorsers. Too bad you didn't do any before or after clips. Mind if we share your pic on our Facebook page?

That explains why it took so long for him to get a bridge in and was so backlogged with work! Feel free to share the pic. The main reason I didn't do before/after clips is that I had Fren install the EMGs and route a battery box into the guitar (the control route is tiny), so it wouldn't have been a true before/after.

That explains why it took so long for him to get a bridge in and was so backlogged with work! Feel free to share the pic. The main reason I didn't do before/after clips is that I had Fren install the EMGs and route a battery box into the guitar (the control route is tiny), so it wouldn't have been a true before/after.

Thanks Jeff, we'll be sharing it shortly. I didn't immediately notice the pickup swap.

Do you prefer the EMG 57/66 set over the passive Nazgul and Sentient? Haven't had a chance to try any of the new EMG or SD pickups myself yet.

Thanks Jeff, we'll be sharing it shortly. I didn't immediately notice the pickup swap.

Do you prefer the EMG 57/66 set over the passive Nazgul and Sentient? Haven't had a chance to try any of the new EMG or SD pickups myself yet.

The EMG 57/66 pickups are the best pickups I've ever played. IMHO - There is no comparison to the Seymour Duncans and it's funny because the Sentient and Nazgul were the pickups in my RGD before they were replaced by the EMG 57-7/66-7 set. The Seymour Duncans were sent back and the EMGs have found a permanent home. Now I'm thinking about putting the EMG 57-7/66-7 set into all my other guitars.

BTW.. Nice guitar Jeff! Not a personal fan of the Evertune but to each their own.

The EMG 57/66 pickups are the best pickups I've ever played. IMHO - There is no comparison to the Seymour Duncans and it's funny because the Sentient and Nazgul were the pickups in my RGD before they were replaced by the EMG 57-7/66-7 set. The Seymour Duncans were sent back and the EMGs have found a permanent home. Now I'm thinking about putting the EMG 57-7/66-7 set into all my other guitars.

BTW.. Nice guitar Jeff! Not a personal fan of the Evertune but to each their own.

How would you describe the 57/66 oppose to the traditionL 57/89?

I personally think it's a great little amp...pretty loud for 1w, but very overpriced for what it is...I only paid about $100 more for the 100w DSL, & it totally smokes the 1w...

But, combined with my home-made ISO cab, some different speaker choices, & careful mic placement, I get very useable tones from the DSL-1H...

It sounds good with all 3 speakers I have: Greenback, V30, & T75...

The Green channel is pretty clean, but if you dime the gain & volume, it'll break up a little...

The Red channel is like OD2 on the bigger DSL's, IMO, it's got too much gain, anything past "5" on the knob is just too much, & it gets un-defined & fizzy on it's own...Using a boost pedal tightens it up though...

Again, it's a good little amp, but very expensive for what it is...I wish now I'd just bit the bullet & bought the DSL100 to begin with, but, I do have a low-volume practice amp and an almost silent (using the 0.1w mode it is silent, but the 1w mode sounds better to me, & the low-end still comes through the ISO cab...) recording amp combined with my ISO cab....

Woww!! thanks for the detailed answer!! :headbang:

^ Cool! How is Vocalign P3? I want to buy it for months but this guy is quite expensive :/ Does it work really good?

Img4608_WEB.jpg

Had my eye on one of these for months, finally saw one come up on the used market so I jumped on it. Picking it up this weekend!

The new EMG design takes the best of the passive and active worlds and mixes them. Think just as much tone and saturation as the older EMG pickups but with a less compressed sound.

This video sums it up for me... Sick ridiculous tone and sustain for days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO7V9vNTiyE&index=2&list=FLWFtm33tO-A4hiVHbaY9X-g
I love the EMG Het in my RGA121, but really dig how much smoother the 57 always comes off in the clips. I'm undecided wether I should give it a try or not... maybe if I can find it with a black chrome cover. I haven't been able to find one in that finish that doesn't come with the 66n.