Your latest G.A.S. purchases

New Guitar Day! VGS Skycruiser with an Evertune bridge

2sacuo5.jpg

Upgraded to a Palmer Deccapo reamp box
237698.jpg

Bought a vintage 80's Yamaha G100-115II (for 50€ :lol:) for some alternative, grungy, post-rockish tunes. Will drive some nice distortion/overdrive/fuzz-pedals through it for some other stuff ;)

HM-2 at least, after some time trying to get one... sounds brutal trough an 5153 50w :Smokedev:

2ewilw8.jpg

And I've just started to record a death metal band haha... lets see if I can convince them to use this little piece of destruction ;)

Randall ISO cab:

I know this is probably something old for most of you guys, but I was using a home-made ISO, & while it did a good job, it weighed about 300 lbs, & took up too much space, so, I bought the Randall...

I'm using it with a DSL100H, DSL-1H, & Egnater Tweaker 15H...I've put some Roxul in the bottom & in the lid to try to help the recordings sound better, & will probably add a 2nd mic eventually...

I can use my 4x12 sometimes, but most of the time, I play/record late at night, so the new ISO will get a lot of use...But, I'll be moving again in about a year, & won't have to worry about noise/loudness when that happens, so again, the ISO cab will get used quite a bit....

I'd thought about getting the 4x12 ISO like Ola, but couldn't find one, & eventually I proabably won't even need it....

I'm also about to buy another amp, but can't decide which one...Marshall JVM410, Orange OR15, or a 10w Marshall clone from GR Amplifiers...

I got it done by Fren Asken at http://askenguitars.com/ - he installed Devin Townsend's two Evertunes so I figured I'd give him a shot, he's probably the best guitar tech in LA it turns out.

It feels identical and sounds like god. I don't notice much of a difference at all in tonality before/after (didn't do any clips, woops), and everything being in tune just makes the guitar seriously sing.

I contacted him through email and found his pricing to be way better than another place I checked out for an Evertune install. I am planning to ship my guitar to him and have it done. He is busy as heck though so it probably will be next month sometime, Pretty excited!

I contacted him through email and found his pricing to be way better than another place I checked out for an Evertune install. I am planning to ship my guitar to him and have it done. He is busy as heck though so it probably will be next month sometime, Pretty excited!

He does amazing work but you need to make sure you stay ontop of him for updates or things will slide. I was originally quoted for a 3-4 week turnaround but it took almost 9 weeks total. I'm not sure if his Evertune order was delayed or if he made it 2 weeks after taking my guitar, but 2 weeks of that delay was caused by not having the bridge to install in the first place.

Amazing end-result, though, like absolutely flawless.

He does amazing work but you need to make sure you stay ontop of him for updates or things will slide. I was originally quoted for a 3-4 week turnaround but it took almost 9 weeks total. I'm not sure if his Evertune order was delayed or if he made it 2 weeks after taking my guitar, but 2 weeks of that delay was caused by not having the bridge to install in the first place.

Amazing end-result, though, like absolutely flawless.

Thanks for the info Jeff!