Your latest G.A.S. purchases

dscf2365.jpg

dscf2361f.jpg

dscf2363s.jpg

Congrats Ermz.

Are they your Treb and Pres settings that you use with it though? They seem to be dialled in pretty dark. Is the Cab that bright? Looking forward to some clips.

It's the head that's bright. The power section seems to add a christ-raping amount of 8khz+ harshness. I haven't really had a chance to crank it either, so those are definitely not definitive settings there, haha. Waiting to score a 57 and a stand from a guy selling out his studio, then hopefully the clips shall begin.

Btw you can thank aus post for the delays. Took over 3 weeks in total to get it here. Half the time Auspost didn't even keep an accurate record of where it was logged. Absolutely useless.

hey guys, this is my first post on the forum. i figured i'd throw in my latest G.A.S. its a mesa roadster, and it rocks! :headbang:

6505.jpg

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHA
HAHAHAH
HAHAHA
HAHAH
HAHA
HAH
HA
H

Oh god I can't wait for it to get here :headbang:

Let me know how you like the C84. I've got 3 A12's and 1 N72 and love them both.

Ok I finally got a chance to test it out. Honestly, I like it, I like it a lot actually! I tried it out recording an acoustic guitar *(which if my favorite instrment for gear a/b comparisons). I recorded 96/24 using an AT 40/47 mic, with the High Pass filter on.

It is very clean and natural sounding. It's not quite as "richly harmonic" like the N72 and the A12 (the N72 having rich harmonics IMO and more warmth IMO) but it does have a nice low end that is pleasing to the ears, the mids are there and the highs are crystal clear. It seems to be a bit brighter than the other 2 but not in a bad way at all. I'm going to get another and use it for overheads, but my favorite for the acoustic at this point is still the N72, because you can push the input a little hard and get some nice harmonic distortion which makes the guitar sound warmer to my ears, although YMMV.

I would definetly recomend getting it, even if all you used it for was to record the snare drum, however I think you'll end up using it for more than that.