Your latest G.A.S. purchases

2.jpg

I got two new cabs this week. A Diamond Spec Op 4x12 and an Ampeg BSE-410HLF.

The picture is angled in a weird way, but it looks way sturdier in person :lol:

IIRC, 006 runs the speaker out of one into the input of the other, down the stack.

Dude why did you tell everyone how I get the Sturgis guitar tact?!>?!?

8.17kilograms

Edit: I'll be restringing it within 10 minutes of arrival, and I'm tuning it BEADGBEA. I've got two 7-strings now, one BEADGBE and one EADGBEA. I want both combined into one. Not to mention I've never heard a low F# sound good.

I CAN tune to G. I can downtune two steps from the low B. Same as going to C on a 6-string. This is also the lowest note that either of my basses can handle before sounding awful and weak. So if G's the lowest I'm going, I'm doing myself a favor by putting the high A on there and downtuning.

Seriously, there's no reason to keep the F#. Blehghg.

F# is more than fine on my 8-string, but the scale for the F# string is 30" on mine. I used to have the RG2228 earlier, and with shorter scales, it indeed is quite muddy. Can't say I liked the 808's that much either, though I did not try them with the 18V mod.

The V shape makes me think of some epic neck heaviness though...

F# is more than fine on my 8-string, but the scale for the F# string is 30" on mine. I used to have the RG2228 earlier, and with shorter scales, it indeed is quite muddy. Can't say I liked the 808's that much either, though I did not try them with the 18V mod.

The V shape makes me think of some epic neck heaviness though...

And all of the points you bring up here are total sells for me. I've already got a Hellraiser C7, and the scale is the same: 26.5". So I know that eliminating the F# and slapping a high A on there will really put me in some familiar territory in terms of feel. The C7 also has 707s in it, so I SHOULD get a pretty similar sound. I suppose we'll see how that turns out though.

In addition to all of this.. I've got a lot of different body shapes, but my Gibson V is definitely the most comfortable for me to play. So I'm looking forward to some ergonomic-ass recording.

"Do you have a Shure SM57 I can buy?"
"I have a mic that is better and cheaper!"
"NOPE"

Silly bugger ;) that was literally my reaction, "no you do not SHUTUP SHUTUP"

I got my 57, have set up a Clayman micing setup, and I am well into writing a plugin for the convenient summing and tweaking of this setup :)

Not GAS on the scale of some of you- but all the same, when I listened to some of the examples and looked at the pictures in the Clayman thread, GAS-TEC kicked in YO, and I knew what I HAD to do next micing-wise..

I have this jb SX bass and the pickup sounds very decent, you can get a lot of different tones, the finish and feel is also ok, great deal indeed! :headbang:

I'm glad! Even if it doesn't sound AMAZING, it was just a hundred bucks :saint:.