Your latest G.A.S. purchases

toontrack_custom_and_vintage.jpg

can't wait to try it out!

FINALLY bought a new computer to replace my 5 year old POS laptop

I'm really happy with windows 7 so far.
Haven't had a chance to record with this guy yet though.

IMG_3446.jpg

HP with AMD Quad Core 2.6Ghz
6 GB of RAM and 750GB HD

Quite the upgrade from my Dual core 1.7Ghz with 1GB of RAM and only 100GB Harddrive :lol:

The monitor is really nice too for only $150 colors are amazing

Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra

web.jpg

This would be the last thing you would think that I would buy :) but the FX are very very good, it's incredible what this machine can do, and the amp sims sound so real.
It's even scary for somebody who has so many amps :loco:

Well then, now that you dont need any REAL amps any more.. can i have them? :D

Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra

web.jpg

This would be the last thing you would think that I would buy :)

Eddie - quite honestly - I'm unsure you could surprise me with a purchase. I'm awaiting the announcement that you have purchased Pro Tools from Digidesign/Avid, not the product - the company. :D:D

I'm really happy with windows 7 so far.
Haven't had a chance to record with this guy yet though.

IMG_3446.jpg

The monitor is really nice too for only $150 colors are amazing

badass dude, im about to get windows 7 as well! and if thats the hp monitor im thinking of, that thing is beaaaaautiful! congrats!

Yeah that photo doesn't do it justice. Everything looks so sharp and crisp and the colors just pop right out! its 20" 1600x900

I upgraded from XP and never had vista so I don't know if the whole windows interface is exactly the same but they really did a good job with the whole organization of windows and programs you have active

The PAD works really well. I was able to map it to Addictive Drums in like 10 seconds and was drumming away. It feels solid, not cheap or anything. I can't speak for the kontrol since I don't have one, but if it's built the same then it will at least be durable, etc. I will most likely be getting a nanoKEY around xmas time so I can have an easy way to program synths and strings, etc.

Hey man, be careful with nanoKEY! Mine got broken in a month. Got another one by warranty, and it got broken too. Those small keys just won't stay in place! Now I bought small M-Audio controller and more than happy.