Your latest G.A.S. purchases

I've been hunting a good one down for years really. I'm so happy I could cry atm :D.

Let's hope everything goes as planned with the shipping. I don't need a ripoff atm

To expand my 2nd 192 to 32io :kickass:

223085.jpg

Bought this on the weekend, second hand off a friend for $400. Desperately needs new strings, but I already liked what I'd heard of it from when I'd been jamming/gigging with him a year or so back. Total fucking bargain, wouldn't find anything better for that price in this country.

esp_ltd_b_5e_bass_in_natural_gloss_66309lar.jpg

Love the finish, that's for sure. Haven't had a chance to plug it in and do some DI's, not until it's restrung. A bit sceptical after hearing ahjteam's video in the other thread, but it sounds like it's got potential.

Don't know about the differences between the older and newer models except, that I think the newer ones are made in China and have a different logo. My 50/50 is still made in USA, so I guess, that's a good thing.

Yeah definitely a different logo, which is how I noticed. Mine is like this:

pea2a.jpg

Don't know where it was manufactured though.

Not so much a purchase... But I FINALLY finished my first of two GSSL's..

How does it sound? Fucking MINT

compressor.jpg

I like them more than D'addarios personally. I have my guitar in drop C, but I don't think I could go any lower with these strings without problems with tuning and action.

When you say "these strings", do you mean in the specific gauge I got? (low .54) Cuz I agree it seems pretty thin (and I'm gonna be using 'em on my baritone in B-standard), but I was hoping they would have higher tension than equivalent D'addarios because of the core size - we shall see!

omnisphere_box_3d.png

I went to Musicstore.de in Köln to get it (i'm not in a stable situation yet so can't have it shipped without risking to make it complicated). I finally decided it was way worth its price tag. I'm thinking about Alchemy Crystal to complete it, as well as NI analogue emulations for more basic synth sounds... What do you think ? I might even use only Omnisphere in my project anyway, it sounds so good.

I was amazed by the store. It's huge, like, huge. The audio prod part is the tiniest (except DJ part) but I could test a few awesome things, like the SSL Nucleus (although I didn't ask for a demo with the DAW etc) which looked like really worth its high price tag. The Avid controller (I forgot the name, I think ther's "artist" in it) looked the second best to me, although it's modular. (you have the main unit, with only 4 faders, then you can buy the extension for 8 faders, and the one for the better jogweel and more controls). The steinberg new interfaces looked okay to me. Compared to all that, the MCU looked like a big toy.

I loved the Nord keyboards. Real good analogue sounds. If you take them for what they are (you won't get a realistic flute sound out of this kind of synth) they sound really amazing.

The Korg M3 impressed me, the feel of its keys is so realistic that just playing one note non stop at different velocities was a pleasure. Wasn't impressed by all its sounds though.

Oh and they had a big modular real analogue synth, with dozens of cables to route the signal path through them. Didn't wanna test it, seemed like a big hassle to have the vendor discover I don't care about buying it and don't even know how to play the piano, but I really wanted to.

That's all for my almost useless Musicstore review.

Oh and of course, hundreds of guitars, but not too original. You get fenders, squiers, gibsons, corts, ltd, esp, PRS, same old, but at least you get what you expect ! It's just a bit too bad that such a large shop doesn't showcase more original brands, but business is business I suppose. Good thing is that you can spend a full afternoon them, in your booth, trying as many guitars as you want on a specific amp. If I were in the area when i wanted my next guitar, I would come here just because of that.

When you say "these strings", do you mean in the specific gauge I got? (low .54) Cuz I agree it seems pretty thin (and I'm gonna be using 'em on my baritone in B-standard), but I was hoping they would have higher tension than equivalent D'addarios because of the core size - we shall see!

Yeah, a 12-54 set. I think they should be fine for B standard on a baritone though :)

019954241315.png

1 for 5€, for fucks sake, but they are so expensive here...

GALLERY_GIT0022177-000_1_images390.jpg

2 Racks:

images.php

2(obviously;)), seemed like the most bang for the buck. For my incoming home mixing monitors...

GALLERY_REC0007344-000_1_images390.jpg

2422833_800.jpg

Literally just brought it home about 4 hours ago, haven't played on it much because I haven't had the time, but I played it through a 6505 in the store, and it has to be one of the most toneful guitars I've ever owned. I fear my 7 string will be collecting an awful lot of dust from here on out...