Your latest G.A.S. purchases

MIM fender jazz bass

fender-standard-jazz-bass-red-wine-mexico-khmelnickij.jpg

not this exact one...but the pictures i took of mine suck thanks to the shitty camera in my phone

best part about it is that i bought the bass brand new back in 2001, then sold it to my wife's uncle a few years later. he then proceeded to stick it in a case and not play it once, and just gave it back to me for free! :headbang:

now i just need to get some new strings on it...i can tell they're the same ones that were on it when i bought it:)zombie:), and maybe change the pickguard to black so it looks more like this...

DSC08703_001.JPG=450

Not too expensive for that atrocity I hope, good god :lol:

Hahaha, nope, only a few hundred. It's actually a great price for how awesome this guitar is. My buddy was liquidating a few of his touring guitars, so I got first pickins and this is what I chose. The body and bridge are a Fender American Deluxe, and the neck is actually custom built by a luthier/builder in California that he knows. The neck is ridiculously nice, and feels much more like an ESP or Carvin neck. It has a flatter 'D' shape -- not as thin as an Ibanez neck, but definitely does not feel like Fender. Stainless steel frets, awesome piece of rosewood, bone nut, fender deluxe tuners, etc. Pickups are: JB in the bridge, and texas specials in the middle and neck position. Also has a 1k pot.

It may look like shit, but it plays/feels and sounds phenomenal! It feels like a nicely worn in pare of shoes... super comfy. ;)

My buddy loathed the bright bubble-gum blue color it used to be, so while being bored on tour busses and backstage at times, he would take a razor blade and just scrape off paint section by section. :lol:

I kinda like the way it looks... it just emanates awesomesauce. Or, I may sand it down and do a nice aqua or teal stain for it eventually.

^ i personally like how the Hellraisers look :D

almost bought one actually, but ended up with a Blackjack. Both Hellraisers and Blackjacks are imo great guitars, i love Schecter.

i love the shape but seing lefty schecters only in this finish (every other model/finish is available as lefty!) kinda made me hate it.

still i think i might like it at the end as it seems to be much
darker as seen on the pics.

I like it too, funnily I've just been recorded a band last week where the guitar player had a lefty Hellraiser too (same finish, but 6 strings only). Gorgeous, frustrating not being able to try it :) The other guy had an ESP Ninja, lefty as well... Damn!

holyyy...where did he get an ESP ninja as LH!? i guess it's an custom order :(

1213121734-00.jpg

That makes 2 Beta52's and 5 SM57's. All I need is to get rid of the NT5's and replace with 81's, and I can be sponsored by Shure :lol: