Your latest G.A.S. purchases

5.jpg

How big is the sound difference between the Axe and GSP?

The amp models/routing/tweakability is A LOT better on the axe fx. You can even get inside the amps and mess around with biasing, transformer voltage, tonestack placement ect.

But I'd say if you are just going to use it live, the GSP would sound great. I don't think upgrading would make a huge noticeable difference in tone to the audience live.

vertigo_vsc-2_box-ae5d16cf.png
bx_rockrack_box-3ddc8fe5.png

Please share some impressions of rockrack once youve taken some time with it. It seems promising but I havent heard any really metal examples yet. Vertigo is amazing.

VCS-2 - Haven't had the chance to really evaluate it. Used on Vocal Bus, 2-Bus without any 'wow that's amazing'. On the 30th of December plugin-allience had a $99 any plugin sale via facebook. I thought at that price I can find room for it somewhere.

bx_rockrack - I like the engl emulation. It really seems the best new amp sim that isn't a four plugin custom build or freeware. It is a little dark but really can get a distorted tone I'd actually compare to a real tone or at least like almost as much. I bought it during the X-Mass sale for $99. I think the current price is a little steep.

A third bass because I've been wanting one of these for years...
EDIT:
Gonna be this finish after all (I like it better so it's all good):
l.jpg

(not a pic of the actual one)