Your latest G.A.S. purchases

products_equick.jpg

ValhallaRoom_V1_1_02.png

I also aquired a Mesa Dual Racktifier, but the picture was way too large to post.

This is a bit overdue, but here goes!

Avid HD Native / HD OMNI
Blue Microphones Spark
Charvel Desolation DC2-ST (Transparent Black)
Equator Audio Research D5
Ignite Amps TSB-1 Tyrant Screamer
Kemper Profiling Amplifier
TC-Helicon VoiceLive Rack

IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R200
Mogami Gold Studio Analog Calbes
RapcoHorizon Digital Cables

Virtual Instruments:
Arturia minimoog V
Native Instruments Evolve Mutations Bundle
Native Instruments Komplete 8 Elements
Native Instruments Maschine Drum Selection
Native Instruments Retro Machines MKII
Steven Slate Drums 4.0 Platinum
Toontrack EZdrummer
Toontrack EZX Nashville
Toontrack EZX Metal Machine
Toontrack EZX Rock Solid
Toontrack EZX The Classics
Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0 Crossgrade

Virtual Effects:
Celemony Melodyne Essential
Focusrite Midnight Suite
Kush Audio UBK-1
Native Instruments Driver
Native Instruments Premium Tube Series
Native Instruments Virtual Compressors
Slate Digital Virtual Console Collection
Slate Digital Virtual Tape Machines

12382_634120553281850_2038245208_n.jpg

... aaaaand, these are the three tone matrix settings on the Mode Four:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/315457/MFtonematrix.mp3

All through the OD1 channel boosted with an MXR Classic Overdrive. I think that's my favorite for high-gain.

That sounds pretty cool actually. I was hoping you would post a clip when you posted a little while back that you were thinking about grabbing one of these. Id heard them live but never recorded so now if i see one come up for the right price I may pull the trigger.

Thanks!

Yeah, these usually go as cheap as $300 in the used market. Mine was a bit over that, but then again, it's in PERFECT condition, came with the footswitch which is pristine too, and got shipped all the way from the US to Mexico.

Those are all the knobs set at noon, except the gain set a bit past that. I mean, it's no Roadster or 5150III, but, realistically speaking, it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I do think, however, that pressing the "Scoop" button it has automatically makes it sound like shit.

It's cool too because it has three hi-gain modes to choose from, and then, within two of these modes, it has the 3-way Tone Matrix, which changes the character quite a bit.

LG IPS 23" screen, ordering a Lenovo Ultrabook next week.

Not ultra high-end but good and nice priced workhorses, I wasn't even sure if I should
post it here because I won't use it for recording at all :D

the building-qualitly is amazing, i haven't expected that for 700.-$. neck-shape fits my preferences perfectly. very low-action setup on the fretboard, holds the tuning pretty good (i had only flod-rose guitars until now). very good balance on the guitar-strap. tone/pickup is a little too bright (sounds a little like acitve ones) and a little dirty in the lowend, maybe i change the pickups later.

overall, for 700.-$, it's a awesome instrument!

Whoa I didn't know they had 7-string versions.... I just got a se-custom 6 string a few months ago. Love it!

Just got in my Kemper Profilling Rack today but unforunately it'll have to be sent back for repair/replacement. There's a DSP error and the tuner doesn't work at all. Sounds fantastic though!

... aaaaand, these are the three tone matrix settings on the Mode Four:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/315457/MFtonematrix.mp3

All through the OD1 channel boosted with an MXR Classic Overdrive. I think that's my favorite for high-gain.

Pretty cool dude, better than I was expecting from that thing and definitely killer for ~$400! Did you mic up a cab (if so, what kind?) or is this through an impulse?

Pretty cool dude, better than I was expecting from that thing and definitely killer for ~$400! Did you mic up a cab (if so, what kind?) or is this through an impulse?
Thanks, Marcus!

The amp's got such a bad rep for a couple of reasons. The first one being it's mostly solid-state, and, while it does sound better than most SS's and some all-tube amps I've tried, Marshall wanting $1500+ back in the day for a 2-channel SS seems kinda ridiculous.

That... and also the fact that it's got this "Scoop" button that just automatically makes it sound like shit... ugh. Hell, I tend to like scoopy tones myself, but that setting is just way too extreme.

... and also that I guess Marshall wanted to appeal to the Nu Metal crowd by going for something Recto-ish, but using their Valvestate technology, and this thing takes a tubescreamer just as well as a Recto does.

I mean, the amp's no Roadster or 5150III, but for the price, I can't complain!

It's an impulse. I'm looking into a Recto 2x12 once the next paycheck hits my bank account, tho. :D

Posted the body for this a couple of weeks ago, but here it is finished. I wanted a Telecaster for recording purposes and I thought I'd just build one as a little project. Sounds great. Needs some tweaking on the setup, but it's the sound I wanted in my head for a Telecaster, so I'm happy. (Just an iPhone pic)

photo-1_zps39541d84.jpg

Posted the body for this a couple of weeks ago, but here it is finished. I wanted a Telecaster for recording purposes and I thought I'd just build one as a little project. Sounds great. Needs some tweaking on the setup, but it's the sound I wanted in my head for a Telecaster, so I'm happy. (Just an iPhone pic)

photo-1_zps39541d84.jpg

holy shit, that looks awesome!

Thanks man. It's a stained finish. No lacquer, just the wood. Feels much like the faded series Gibson did a few years ago.