Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Picked these up today.

The back to the roc n soc... pretty much the nicest throne I have ever put my ass on.
null_zps92ffc746.jpg

Kelly Shu composite, haven't installed yet so no comments on it.
null_zps1f880dd5.jpg

Not sure if I'm going to keep this or not, if it turns out I dig it with cubasis I'll hang onto it. I dig that this has phantom and midi though.
null_zps6e90a7af.jpg

It's about $255 shipped to get the mics modded (plus shipping to him); from all the tests I've heard (Glen had a great A/B posted!), they really improve the mics and make them KM84 status. This should have cured my SDC GAS for a long, long time.

I'm also looking into eventually getting the U47 head clones that MJE makes for the bodies; to be able to just switch capsules to go from SDC to LDC on overheads would be fucking sweet, not to mention it might work out great as a vocal mic.

It's in my next two or three to-do items. The bigger studio I work out of has a pair of vintage km84's and they're just epic on almost everything.... Piano, acoustic gtr, overheads, snare, percussion, etc...

EMGJHSet1-460-80.jpg

Got me a set of these. We'll see how they compare to my all-time-favorite 81/60. Hope they're not a disappointment like the X series.

Rex, please let me know what you think of them. I'm interested!!! Thanks!
I'll post DI's of them, the 81, and the 81X for comparison's sake when these get here.

The Het Set fucking kills. I'll be posting some DI's in a big bundle in the next 1-2 weeks as part of a larger test but they really do fucking slay for my playing style. Throatier, ballsier EMGs.
That's actually good to hear that you like them. I REALLY like what I'm getting of the 81/60 combo right now, but I ALWAYS find myself wishing the 81 was just a tiny tiny bit throatier with nastier lower mids for my style, especially in a guitar as tight-sounding as my RGA.

Hey guys, I've got an EMail into EMG at the moment inquiring about Metalworks pickups for my Ibanez Prestige RGD. If I knew these new pickups would fit the guitar, I'd purchase them in a heartbeat, but I have a serious feeling there's no way they will fit in this guitar. Do you guys have any suggestions. As of right now, EMG have yet to reply.

Thanks!

Well, if the routes are the same as my Prestige RGA, this is what I had to do to get the standard plastic EMG's to fit:

http://bbs.espguitars.com/showthread.php?t=64560

However, I didn't include that, but I did have to sand the bottom corners off the black EMG's for some reason, but not the ivory ones. I don't know what's up with that. I guess they make the ivory ones a little smaller.

A friend of mine assures me his EMG 57 is a tiny tiny bit smaller than his standard plastic 81's because he noticed a little gap between the pickup and the pickup ring that wasn't there before, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed the Het Set will fit my RGA without too much trouble.