Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Nine of Swords "Funeral Party". Pretty much a high gain fuzz pedal that sounds much tighter/sharper than your usual fuzz. I heard a demo that sounded pretty similar to the pre-mercenary Bolt Thrower sound, bought it immediately.

Le thrash

Marshall_8100_Valvestate_Head_scroll_down_c4beb88c7a6541cebc02.jpg

Cool. I have this as a combo.
Never enough gain, even on full. And you need the weirdest EQ settings to make it sound normal. :)
Not like everything on noon as a starting point hehe
The contour thing makes it pretty versatile in sound

Waiting for this Neve BCM10 Style sidecar on steroids - supposed to sound like the Sound City console :dopey:

mwg66a4g.jpg

Nice! I have the Aurora GTQ2 and i'm loving it! Lots of character and the eq is nice! So is this some kind of summing mixer?

Just finished building my Hackintosh. i7 4770k, 16GB RAM, 2xSSD/3xHDD, GTX660. Haven't started playing with the overclocking yet, but so far this thing is fast as shit and ran me around $1400.

Have to laugh given how much you said it wasn't going to happen :lol:

^ Nice.

Motherboard?

Went relatively cheap, Z87X-UD3H. The GFX card is overkill but I wanted something that would be guaranteed to work and have HDMI, Displayport, and dual DVI outs for maximum flexibility.

Have to laugh given how much you said it wasn't going to happen :lol:

Seriously, I'm the only schmuck who would quit audio and say he'd never do a Hackintosh only to drop $1.5K on a Hackintosh specifically spec'd for audio. :lol:

But realistically, after seeing how high even used MacPros go for and also seeing how painlessly a Hackintosh can be assembled these days, it was a no-brainer.

JeffTD said:
But realistically, after seeing how high even used MacPros go for and also seeing how painlessly a Hackintosh can be assembled these days, it was a no-brainer.

I've been seriously checking into Hackintoshes for the past month and a half and really wanting to build one. One of these days...

Software expenses...
Pro Tools HD 11 upgrade
Accusonus Drumatom
Maag EQ4
SoundToys Native Effects (Crystallizer, Decapitator, Echoboy, FilterFreak, PanMan, Tremolator, PhaseMistress & Speed)
Blue Cat Audio Patchwork
Some SPL shit (DeVerb and MoVerb)
Antares Autotune 7
... and a few more still on the list for the upcoming days like the Flux Mastering Pack. Damn I feel poor now :(

Seriously, I'm the only schmuck who would quit audio and say he'd never do a Hackintosh only to drop $1.5K on a Hackintosh specifically spec'd for audio. :lol:

Yeah, they're pretty easy if you spec them right, what case did you get? I find the most annoying thing about making your own computer is how ugly most of the cases are, I cheaped out on mine and it kinda annoys me cos its one of those horrible black with blue led monstrosities.

Yeah, they're pretty easy if you spec them right, what case did you get? I find the most annoying thing about making your own computer is how ugly most of the cases are, I cheaped out on mine and it kinda annoys me cos its one of those horrible black with blue led monstrosities.

Fractal R4 in black. No window, no stupid shitty lights, minimal branding. It's dead simple, I just put a small Apple sticker on the bottom corner (like where you'd see "Intel Inside" stickers on a PC) to be cheeky.

The power light is a blue ring around the power button... probably going to gaff-tape over it or see if I can't disconnect half of it or something stupid. It's not terrible but I'd prefer something like white.