Your latest G.A.S. purchases

SSD 4.0 Custom
ssdcustom.png

I also bought Room Sound Jay Maas Jarra Shell Snare and Lavender Acrylic Kick, I should be pretty much covered in the drum sample territory now...:lol:

Zombass 1, I don't really have much use for midi bass but for 5$ it's not bad and cover my midi bass needs well enough.

zombass1-435x435.jpg

I ordered this LDC mic from ebay today, I don't know if it's any good, but hell I paid 18 euros for it (plus free shipping) so it really doesn't matter, though I'm pretty sure it's more than worth the price.

$_57.JPG

Just got a Zilla Fatboy 2x12, black with orange go faster stripes (for extra tonez!) with black cloth and black piping. Loaded it with Celestion V30's.

IMG_0624_zpsbtbuub3n.jpg

I didn't buy, but played a show Saturday night with a band....one dude played a Les Paul -> Framus Cobra -> Orange 2x12 and it sounded fucking awesome. Now I really want a setup like this.

Been thinking about getting a pair as they seem like a deal and they'll bring my Events that are on my desktop right where I need them to be at ear level. You like em? Do they work well?

Waiting for the delivery. I'll keep you updated but I can already say that if your monitors are sitting on your desk, you will definitely benefit from them.
I have monitor stands and foam pads but I'm confident they will still improve the low end on my system.

Update: Got them...

34588220150611151331.jpg

Let me tell you the difference is brutal. Now I need to settle with it. Fuck.

Update 2:

Yep... Holy fuck.

Got this stuff over the last year.

2001 Gibson 1958 Historic reissue in Amber burst

les%20paul.jpg
[/URL]

put an emg 57 and 66 in but I'm probably going to be putting back the original pickups back in.

DSC_0927.jpg
[/URL]

1979 Marshall JMP 2203

Marshall%20JMP%202%20Low%20rez.jpg
[/URL]

And I just finished building this Walnut rack case for my Ractifier.

dual%20rec%20racto.jpg
[/URL]

After doing a lot of reading and listening to samples on Youtube etc, I've been wanting to get a set of EMG 57/66 for my Les Paul. I watched Jaymz and Lasse's clips and liked what I heard and the description of active with a bit of a passive vibe sold me. I've been keeping an eye on eBay for a set and one just popped up for £75 less than retail, so made the purchase. Should be here next week. If I don't like them, I should make my money back on them too, so it was a win/win for me :)

They also look sexy as hell in the brushed finish!

_57_zpsknbtabkm.jpg

Hell yeah man! If you don't like them you can sell me them ;)

It was a great price. You and Lasse's comments/videos really sold them to me. If they aren't for me, I'll definitely give you a shout. Think these are going to go in my Gibson and the Seymour Duncan's will go in my Orville.

I hate waiting for stuff to arrive!

Cab i built about 6 months ago, has mesa boogie V30's in it. Walnut top/bottom with baltic birch sides, back, and baffle. It's the same dimensions as a mesa over-sized straight.

Damn, that looks fantastic, man. What did the materials run you?

Thanks!
these are sorta ballpark estimates.

$100 Plywood
$75 walnut
$100 hardware/pipping/grill cloth material
$400 for an old mesa cab to gut, (stole the casters and speakers)
$25 finishing materials

Iv'e made two of these now, one has V30's from a Line 6 cab and the two sound massively different, Hoping that in a couple months after I move I can get some comparison clips up between the two cabs.