Your latest G.A.S. purchases

What do you make of them? I used some 121's at a studio recently and I'd love to have the option of something similar for my place.... Wouldn't expect them to sound very close but if they can achieve some similar in terms of smoothness on the top end?
Well I never really had an opportunity to spend much time with the Royer, but these fame have that unmistikable top end that can take tons of eq and still remain smooth as velvet. I will definitely use them as overheads in the future. Maybe I'll replace the transformers at some point but they are already very usable.

I need to stop buying mics and shits...

MXL "The Kicker". A nice affordable kick drum mic.
Thinking about buying another one for a forthcoming project with a real double bass drum kit. I already own a D6, a Beta52, a D112, a AE2500 and a ATM250de but these cheap Mxl seem to be voiced just right. Like a less hyped D6.

mxl_a55kicker.jpg

A pair of MK-102 capsules for my Oktavamod MK-012's. Options...

capsulefmsp_front.gif

Slate VPC

vpc_virtual_preamp_collection.jpg

A big fat 18U thon flight case

6011789_800.jpg

Last edited:

Picked up the XXX today meant to only take a pic of that. but the Bugera 333xl below is relatively recent as well. Been on a roll.

XXX came with JJ EL34's and Sovtek power tubes.
333xl came with JJ EL34's, still has stock power tubes.

Paid less for both of these together than I did for my block letter 5150 which is pretty much the neglected step child right now. Just can't get that thing to sound as good as it should, maybe it just needs new tubes I dunno.

Reactions: Novocaine
Just bought an E-Bow. I always wondered how bands like Anathema and Opeth create those feedback-like, very atmospheric sounds and finally found out they are using the E-Bow.

To even more satisfy my GAS cravings I ordered FXpansions BFD 3. Demoed it yesterday and was very impressed how big and clear it sounds compared to EZdrummer 2 with Metal Machine EZX. Using Logic Pro X I always missed Cubase's drum editor. BFD's groove editor seems to be a really nice feature and compensates Logic's lack of a good drum editor.

Reactions: Old Man Doom
Just bought an E-Bow. I always wondered how bands like Anathema and Opeth create those feedback-like, very atmospheric sounds and finally found out they are using the E-Bow.

To even more satisfy my GAS cravings I ordered FXpansions BFD 3. Demoed it yesterday and was very impressed how big and clear it sounds compared to EZdrummer 2 with Metal Machine EZX. Using Logic Pro X I always missed Cubase's drum editor. BFD's groove editor seems to be a really nice feature and compensates Logic's lack of a good drum editor.

I was just thinking the exact same thing about BFD3. I love EZdrummer 2's songwriting tools, but what I've heard from BFD3, especially the Oblivion expansion, really blows me away. It'll definitely be my next purchase. Also using LPX here.

1462918983755-2067941688.jpg
8 hours roadtrip to get this today. Totally worth it. Can't wait to be back home and plug this monster.

Edit:
Back home. Sounds like Godzilla shitting rainbows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Manicompression
I love those Sovteks. One of the best live guitar tones I ever heard was a Mig 100h through a Marshall 1960 cab. I own a Mig 60 and a 50h. The only real problem with them was that like 1 in 10 of them was a lemon. Terrible QC

Reactions: ~BURNY~
Just bought these beauties:

The Brand new Soundcraft Signature 22 MTK, been waiting for YONKS for this to arrive :D

ZrsZGyR.jpg

Also: Bought a used Orange Tiny Terror (switched out the tubes) & Brand new TC Electronics Flashback x4

sVhppRM.jpg

Also: Bought the new Vox AV60. Really excellent sounding amp.

8BwLzfc.jpg

Reactions: mickrich