your opinions of the new album

AnvilSnake said:
that has nothing to do with the fact that we would rather NOT download the album, but instead buy it when it comes out. Some of us still have some respect for the artists.

Waaaahhh...you mean the teaser British riddled (voice by Sneap) downloaders originating from SoCal (hmmmmm... Centurymedia is from SoCal)
are NOT for fans to listen to prior to the release?
Geeeeeze I hope the CD doesn't have those two drops per song.
Ya think?

Oh! the guilt overcomes me....

I think that anybody downloading this has got to be a Nevermore fan. Lets face the facts. They may be one of the biggest underground bands, but they are no household name. Anyone that is a true fan has been itching for this new album...and are the only ones that will down load it.
I'd like to think that Nevermore has some of the coolest, and most respectfull fans out there...we all understand how they have to fight for everything they have achieved, and we would never screw them over and not buy the record. I have every piece of merchandise with a Nevermore logo on it, and as long as they are puttin it out...I will :headbang: buy it...twice.

I personally don't download stuff but I look at it 2 ways. Sure, it sucks when people download stuff with no intention on buying the cd . The one thing, if people intend on buying it, is that it helps spread good early word on a cd almost like a movie preview. I have gone to various boards like the www.bwbk.com board and they are drooling with anticipation of buying this cd so sometimes it works to a band's advantage.

I also like the option of hearing a cd before hand sometimes as I hate when a band pulls a 180 and changes their sound so drastically especially if they turn towards a trend or pull a Metallica. I am a big fan of my fav bands but that doesn't mean I follow them blindly.

Everytime a new album comes out I download only a couple of songs... not the entire album. If I like what I hear, I buy. I don't like downloading too many songs off the same album, cause when I buy it, it loses all its surprises, sorta.

Well...it;s been a while for me on this board, but personal issues kept me way deep. Most of you probably don't even remember me, but I'm over my year-long lull.

I have to admit I bdownloaded it because, truthfully, I caould not wait to hear the damn thing! I'm a huge fan of Nevermore and have been for years. I will not only be at Metal Haven in Chicago the night it comes out, but i'm buying my two friends their copies as well as a surprise. I simply love the band too much to have waited...so I'm weak, but rerst assured i'll buy the import, pic disc, special dance remix of it, you name it.

that aside, let me say I think this CD is so utterly amazing that I can't believe it. I find not one single weak track on the entire thing. Senmtient 6 is just incredible, as is the rest of the CD. I think this may actually give DNB a run, it's that good! But, of course, that's one fan's opinion.

Sorry if it disappoints some that I DL'ed it, but I will be buying three copies and then some to SUPPORT THE BEST AMERICAN METAL BAND OUT THERE.

9.5/10

:headbang:

AsModEe said:
Everytime a new album comes out I download only a couple of songs... not the entire album. If I like what I hear, I buy. I don't like downloading too many songs off the same album, cause when I buy it, it loses all its surprises, sorta.
i agree on this one.

The fact of the matter is that already people HAVE downloaded it, and will NOT be buying the album. I appoligize to some of you. It's up to the record company and band if they want to release a promo, and obviously they know the consequences and advantages to this, so i was out of line. It still stands that i will not be listening to any of the album until the official release.

AnvilSnake said:
Some of us still have some respect for the artists.
I'm not sure what downloading a CD has to do with having respect for the artist. I own every Nevermore CD, three t-shirts and have seen them live six times. I think I'm showing them all the respect they need. Simply because I chose to listen to the MP3s before the official release date (at which time I'll buy it) has no correlation to my respect for the artist.

Zod

General Zod said:
I'm not sure what downloading a CD has to do with having respect for the artist. I own every Nevermore CD, three t-shirts and have seen them live six times. I think I'm showing them all the respect they need. Simply because I chose to listen to the MP3s before the official release date (at which time I'll buy it) has no correlation to my respect for the artist.

Zod

Agreed Zod.

PratlPoet said:
Thanks man!! It was a bad year for me, but shit, I'm still kickin'!

How've you been?? :)

Good to see you're still kickin! If you ever need to vent to anyone, Nvrmr2FeelDPain on AIM and realmindmetal@yahoo.com for email.

Been alright... ups, downs, lefts, rights, you know the drill. Band's still kickin. Finally got our CD finished. Getting it around to some stores in NJ, which is pretty cool.

Keep kickin and hope to see you around here more!

i already corrected that post man. Read the newest one about 3 up from you.