Your thoughts on the new album

versionfiv

Feb 2, 2006
South east coast, USA
I'm disappointed. :bah: The Seventh Swamphony title track is really great but the rest leave me wanting. I like this even less than The Black Waltz, and that was my least favorite album before Seventh Swamphony was released.
The only other track I find myself liking is Black Marten's Trace, but even there's still something missing there.

Especially the slower tracks, Wolves on the Throne and Hollo, I liked the songs on For The Revolution a lot more, like Towards The Sky and Ready For Salvation. that album gets a bad rap, it's one of the best Kalmah releases.

:popcorn:

looking forward to hearing your reactions to the new album, rather than your opinion on my opinion.

I've had a chance to listen to the album, and I will be purchasing it..

i actually love this album, it's very powerful, technical with elements of speed and pure melody;
Kalmah really has outdone themselves.

My friend who did find it somewhere said it is the most epic sounding of all Kalmah albums. I refused to listen as my order (I loved the number: 11881811) shipped today and I am really hoping it gets to me on the release day (which is in 2 days!) and I want to have the best possible quality. I KNOW I will not be disappointed after what I already had a chance to hear from the songs posted by the band :) We've seen how different albums seems to appeal to different people here, so I am not surprised someone doesn't like it so much. It might grow on those people with time - as it seems to do to some, too...

\m/ !!! I can barely wait!

Pikemaster is one of the most epic songs I've ever heard!

''Thousand bittered swear words spitted out PERKELEPERKELEPERKELEPERKELE!, Wished all into the deepest hell HELEVETINHELEVETINHELVETTI!,Has pound the ice to distraction PERKELEPERKELEPERKELEPERKELE!, Still the snare stays frozen-in HELEVETINHELEVETINHELVETTI!''

One of the best lyrics in Kalmah's history. For those who don't know, the background shouting (perkeleperkele and helevetinhelevetti) is swearing in finnish.

As it's not officially released yet for another week, this is hugely disrespectful posting this in the bands official forum!

i really don't care what the band personally thinks of me just as im sure they don't care what i personally think of them. and i care even less about what some nuclear blast rep (which is who would be reading this and taking offense, except for little children online who think it's their business) thinks of me.

i try out all the albums i want to hear before i buy them.
i have broader tastes than what i can afford and i have the largest physical collection of music of anyone i have met, my cd and record collection reaches upwards $10,000. please keep quiet, you have no idea what you're talking about. :kickass:

oh and PS i've purchased every kalmah album from distros (NOT SECOND HAND EBAY CRAP) except for this one, which i will not be buying. i even got the jap editions of swampsong and black waltz, paying top dollar from japanese sellers. if i was some blogger giving links to the download and just found out about the band, that would be disrespectful. i am a fan for many years and have purchased a lot of kalmah merchandise, including black waltz t shirts directly from the band.

i really don't care what the band personally thinks of me just as im sure they don't care what i personally think of them. and i care even less about what some nuclear blast rep (which is who would be reading this and taking offense, except for little children online who think it's their business) thinks of me.

i have broader tastes than what i can afford and i have the largest physical collection of music of anyone i have met, my cd and record collection reaches upwards $10,000. please keep quiet, you have no idea what you're talking about. :kickass:

oh and PS i've purchased every kalmah album from distros (NOT SECOND HAND EBAY CRAP) except for this one, which i will not be buying. i even got the jap editions of swampsong and black waltz, paying top dollar from japanese sellers. if i was some blogger giving links to the download and just found out about the band, that would be disrespectful. i am a fan for many years and have purchased a lot of kalmah merchandise, including black waltz t shirts directly from the band.

nobody really cares on whether you've listened or obtained the new Kalmah album, but you responding in such a childish manner makes you seem like a pent-up frustrated child. It seems because you didn't like the album allows you to vent your frustration to someone who wasn't specifically targeting you to begin with.

don't be a tool.

Wow you blabbed on quite a lot, yet you still don't have a clue.
So I am will spell it out to you.
This is Kalmah's official forum, paid for by the band/label.
So is is very disrespectful (please look up what this means, because you obviously have no idea) to post about an album that you have obtained illegally before the official release date.
Every other forum I read this is a common rule and anyone with half a brain knows this and adheres to it.

Thanks guys. Back on topic.

Toughts on the new album?
I LOVE IT!

It came in the mail today. After spending half a day with Finnish friends it makes me even more connected. I love the packaging and the artwork(!!!)

Suoherrat, you never disappoint!

I have a couple more weeks to wait for my Japanese version to come from CD Japan.
But from what I have heard so far, it's up to the standard of the previous few releases.
Kalmah always deliver.

Gaz, it will definitely be worth the wait!

I really like the song that Velski composed: Wolves on the Throne - he really knows what you're about guys. It already caught my attention on the first audition of the new album but only today after reading the interviews you posted on your fb page did I realize what it was (it's not like the booklet doesn't mention it but I was too excited to notice ;) )

Wow you blabbed on quite a lot, yet you still don't have a clue.
So I am will spell it out to you.
This is Kalmah's official forum, paid for by the band/label.
So is is very disrespectful (please look up what this means, because you obviously have no idea) to post about an album that you have obtained illegally before the official release date.
Every other forum I read this is a common rule and anyone with half a brain knows this and adheres to it.

apparently you didn't read that I DO NOT CARE. and please do not condescend to me. that is really inappropriate behavior.

i really hope that you're impressed with yourself. it's absolutely not your place to react this way or even talk about this subject. leave it to the band to make these comments. i'm done replying on this perceived "disrespect". talk about the album. if you have anything further to say to me take it to private messages because no one wants to read your crap.

nobody really cares on whether you've listened or obtained the new Kalmah album, but you responding in such a childish manner makes you seem like a pent-up frustrated child. It seems because you didn't like the album allows you to vent your frustration to someone who wasn't specifically targeting you to begin with.

don't be a tool.

:guh: what's wrong with you??

I gave in and bought the new album today, a local store had one copy left.
Shame it's a shitty digipak, but I still have the Japanese copy coming in the mail.

Holy fuck just the pure sound of this thing is just amazing, the production is so clear and bone crushing.
The songs are killer, love the clean vocals of Hollo, and everything else so far.
Definitely as good as Kalmah's previous work, if not better.

I've probably listened to this album more than 20 times already, and each time it's impressive... and :OMG:

was reading through some of the lyrics, Kalmah keeps surprising me with environmental, hunting, and nature themes... stuff I would NEVER pay any attention to, although Wolves on the Throne is somewhat political.