Your top 15 albums :)

RobbM said:
Thats cause Petrucci sounds good ALL THE TIME, not like James, who either sounds really good, or really bad..of course it might have something to do with the studios too, casue I swear when I first got Human Equasion, I couldnt tell at all that it was James...even now, everytime I listen to that album (which is like every day) I never relate James to it...

Well, that's probably also because it's not Dream Theater. Dream Theater does different things in the studion than Arjen Lucassan does. Different mixing, equalization, equpment, etc could completely chnge a person's voice. I love how James's voice sounds period. Besides, he sounded great all night at Radio City on the 1st.

MrFast said:
I never bothered listening to Ayreon.
'

Then go out and but The Universal Migrator. Right Now. If you're still reading my post, then you shouldn't be. You should be out buying The Universal Migrator right now.

MrFast said:
I never bothered listening to Ayreon.

WTF is wrong with you...:mad:

All I can say is, if Issac Asimov was a songwriter, he would be Arjen.

Give me your mailing address, and ill send you some, errr, samples, yeah, thats it, samples...

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Hey! The Human Equation is awesome too!

Actually, all of his albums are good. (But I like The Human Equation the most.)

I like The Universal Migrator better. it had alot more Power Metal kind stuff on the 2nd disc. Into the Quasar is one of the best songs I've ever heard in my entire life.

Into the Quasar!!! (Into the Quasaaaaar!!!!)
The gravity's higher,
Black sun in the skyyyyy!!!!!!!

NP: Ayreon - Into the Quasar

Ayreon is not really that progressive. they're definitely very 'prog' however, and the extensive dialog & poor lyrics turn me off to them, despite the quality of people involved. I much preferred Star One, or for another group, Avantasia.

1) Vanden Plas - Christo (Yes it is that fucking good)
2) Metal CHurch - Blessing in Disguise
3) Dream Theater - Images and Words
4) AC/DC - Back in Black (I think their other stuff is mediocre at best, but My God does every song kick ass on this ?)
5) Accept - Metal Heart
6) Vanden Plas - The God Thing
7) Avalon - Eurassia
8) Powermad - Absoluter Power
9) Tad Morose - Modus Vivendi (is there better than Urban Breed on vox?)
10) Pagans Mind - Celestial Entrance/Enigmatic:Calling (Both kick ass)
11) Metallica - MOP
12) Queensryche - O:M (One of course)
13) Dio - Holy Diver
14) Goo Goo Dolls - Dizzy Up the Girl (make fun if you wish. I love it)
15) Redemption - Fullness of Time

This is not necessarily my fave 15 albums, just what I felt like writing down at the time.

Bryant

Bryant said:
13) Dio - Holy Diver
What an amazing album, Don't Talk to Strangers give me chills every time I listen to it, I hope I can see him in the Holy Diver Live tour this year(it depends in the price since i am going to see Opeth and Paradise Lost this year too)

Kenneth R. said:
Ayreon is not really that progressive. they're definitely very 'prog' however, and the extensive dialog & poor lyrics turn me off to them, despite the quality of people involved. I much preferred Star One, or for another group, Avantasia.
I have to disagree on the poor lyrics part, some of them are just repetitive.

BTW, I thought the solo in As I Am was great.

HAHA!!! I know exactly what that feels like! But I just think 3 words to stop those urges. "DREAM THEATER GOD!!!"

EDIT: The album, or the song? Because the only song on the album I seem to have trouble sitting through is I walk Beside You.