Your Top 3 In Flames Songs?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
1. Everdying
2. Moonshield
3. Gyroscope

I love the Subterranean and Black Ash Inheritance EP's. However, I have them as part of Lunar Strain and Jester Race respectively. I assume tracking down the originals is a near-impossibility? :tickled:

The first three on Jester's Race because that's all I can take before shutting it off. :tickled:

1. Moonshield
2. The Jester Race
3. Artifacts of the Black Rain

Is there any other In Flames I should get, since I'm actually starting to really like The Jester Race?

NAD said:
The first three on Jester's Race because that's all I can take before shutting it off. :tickled:

1. Moonshield
2. The Jester Race
3. Artifacts of the Black Rain

Is there any other In Flames I should get, since I'm actually starting to really like The Jester Race?
The Jester Race is the 6th or 7th song; if you truly mean the 1st 3, you're talking about song 2, The Jester's Dance.

NAD said:
Six months ago, I would have said Colony. However, today I will suggest that Lunar Strain is the next best place to go after Jester Race. And you'll probably find the version with Subterranean on it which contains some really stunning material also.

The big drawback with Lunar Strain is the mix. It's not good. Acoustics are much higher in the mix than anything else, so the album tends to jump from loud to quiet. It needs to be remixed IMO.

By the way, does your Jester Race have Black Ash Inheritance? Man, go listen to Gyroscope (track#12). One of the best riffs ever. In Flames are better when they don't play too fast, just because the folk'ish melodies become clearer.

DOn't know, but I like the whole SUbterranean EP, which is their best material IMO. Lots of Lunar Strain is really good.

Moonshield, Dead Eternity and Wayfaerer are the only good ones on Jester Race.

Jester Script Transfigured is the only redeeming song on Whoracle.

Can't remember names, but songs 5, 7, and especially 8 are the best on COlony.

Swim and Bullet Ride are the only good ones on CLayman.

The title track on R2R is nifty, but that's it.

If the band released a Best Of consisting of these songs, I'd be first in line to get it.

It also must be said that I think COlony is the best of the Friden era. It is the most consistent, with little filler, and contains some of the bands most brutal moments.

JayKeeley said:
By the way, does your Jester Race have Black Ash Inheritance? Man, go listen to Gyroscope (track#12). One of the best riffs ever. In Flames are better when they don't play too fast, just because the folk'ish melodies become clearer.
It's funny, that song really grabbed me a few minutes ago when it was on, I didn't know what it was. I've only listened to the Black Ash tracks once because Anders vocals are SO FUCKING TERRIBLE on that one live track at the end that I instinctively eject the disc immediately after track 10 finishes. :)

can't really pick three songs, so many to choose...

by the way I got BAI, it is not impossible to find... for the re-mixing thing actually Lunar Strain and Subterranean's remasters are just out(meaning they are seperate and contain bonus tracks and stuff), I don't know if we will get it in US though...